Cloning robots

• So, here's a question: given multiple robots with similar setups, what are the best methods for "cloning" different levels of settings from one to another?

1. Robots of different models, possibly different core versions, but with the same I/O mappings and Register names (just different IP addresses)

2. Robots of the same model and core version

3. Robots with 100% identical setups -- tools, cell layout, I/O, UFrames, Reference Positions, etc.

I'm wondering this b/c I just got handed an R-30iB that fits scenario #3, and was told that it had already been "cloned" from a previous robot. Upon examination, the clone seems to be 95% complete -- the only things missing (that I've found so far) were the Reference Positions, UFrame and UTool values (but the frame names had been cloned!), and Axis Limits. Even the DCS settings had been copied in wholesale!

Obviously, I'll have to do some small tweaks since no two "identical" cells are ever identical to sub-millimeter tolerances, but it did get me thinking about how to go about doing the different degrees of "cloning" if I ever need to do so in the future.

• Another way is to load all files exempt sysmast.Sv.

A few individual files of interest:

Numreg

Posreg

Strreg

Diocfgsv

Framevar

Sysframe

Dcspos

Dcsioc

Go on the robot web browser and look at variable files to discover more. Some files require you to be in a controlled start to load.

Advertising from our partners