FANUC ROBOT RUN circular

• Well... I always do it from hand - easy calculation if it's on the XY plane, 4 points needed, point 1 is the same as 4 and that's it.

eg. circle with radius 50mm:

L/J P[1] // X = 0, Y = 0

C P[2] // X = 50, Y = 50

P[3] // X = 100, Y = 0

C P[4] // X = 50, Y = -50

P[1]

• The issue is I had kinds of productions, so the radius and height are not the same. I don't want to teach robot and store the positions every time. What I would like to do is send the position data from PLC include some offsets. Another point is if the circular radius is large, does 4 points enough? I didn't have robot on hand to try this, But as far as I know, if I have more points, the circular will be more accurate. Is that correct?

• I've never had enough time to play with such issues, but in my opinion 4 points should be enough - robot knows it's circular, count properly and that should be it :smiling_face: But never tested it for many different cases.

The calculation itself you can do in PLC and then send the offset to points, no problem with that.

• I've never had enough time to play with such issues, but in my opinion 4 points should be enough - robot knows it's circular, count properly and that should be it :smiling_face: But never tested it for many different cases.

The calculation itself you can do in PLC and then send the offset to points, no problem with that.

OK, I will try this. Thanks for your support.

• It's much better to do circle in 3 segment by 120 deg approx. if you make more than 180 deg error will be happen.

first segment

P[1] start point

P[2] mid point

p[3] end point

second segment

P[3] start point

P[4] mid point

P[5] end point

third segment

P[5] start point

P[6] mid point

P[1] end point