• use it in jobs like MYTECHON MYT#(5) .... MYTECHOF
    • edit condition file data through Programming Pendant

Thank you in advance.

• Hi everyone,

I wonder if I can use my own condition file format? and respectively:

• use it in jobs like MYTECHON MYT#(5) .... MYTECHOF
    • edit condition file data through Programming Pendant

Thank you in advance.

No, you can not use your own format for a *.CND file. The files must be in a proper format to save and reload into the controller. The *.CND files are not used in a robot job. The data within is, such as TOOL.CND or UFRAME.CND.

Yes, you can edit the *.CND files through the pendant. You can edit them off-line but must be in the proper format to load into the controller.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• No, you can not use your own format for a *.CND file.

So Yaskawa implemented some technologies (like arc welding, spot welding etc.) in a very convinient way through condition files and PP configuration tool.

How can I implement my own customized technology with customized parameters in the same (or almost the same) convinient way?

Some could direct me to macroses with parameters. But the number of parameters is too large, and the number of macros parameters is restricted. And it would be convinient to change parameters in a single place, instead of all jobs monitoring.

• Some could direct me to macroses with parameters. But the number of parameters is too large, and the number of macros parameters is restricted. And it would be convinient to change parameters in a single place, instead of all jobs monitoring.

Hi,

I don't know your application nor your controller. But if you have for example a dx100 you can use up to 16 argument(parameters) for your macro. But this limits the number of the variable to create a macro like this one:

SEALON WIDTH=8

in which I will pass the 8 value as an argument.

Of course you have other variables that, for example, you can set in the IFPanel or inside a job (or inside the macro itself) that you can use for your app.

So in the end the amount of variable becomes huge.

• Hi,

I don't know your application nor your controller. But if you have for example a dx100 you can use up to 16 argument(parameters) for your macro.

Yes, you're right. But there was some reason, why Yaskawa integrated condition files features for arc welding and other technologies. And the main reason was - convinience.

Actually I'm experienced with KUKA robots, and I'm missing custom user data structures and configuration files (like STRUC and *.DAT files in KUKA KRL). For example storing technology parameters sets, storing palletizing schemas and so on. If I got this right, even PalletSolver stores palletizing schemas in XML files and converts them to jobs in real time using MotoPlus.

May be all that things I described could be accomplished using MotoPlus as well, but I haven't try it yet.

• Ramil

Changed the title of the thread from “Condition files for custom technologie” to “Condition files for custom technology”.

Advertising from our partners