Sending $CUR_TORQUE[n] data to a Register

• I would like to transfer the electrical current (torque) value from an axis, such as $CUR_TORQUE[3] in to an R[n] register.

I've done a lot of basic programming in HandlingTool for many of applications.

But I cannot find out how to monitor an axis current in real time within a program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• fwclaude

Welcome to the robot forum

23: !Checks arm current ;

24: IF ($SV_INFO[1].$Q_CURRENT[3]>.4 AND $SV_INFO[1].$Q_CURRENT[3]<(-.4)) THEN ;

25: R[86:Overcurrent detd]=1 ;

26: ELSE ;

27: R[86:Overcurrent detd]=0 ;

28: ENDIF ;

or

R[8:Current axis 3]=1 ;$SV_INFO[1].$Q_CURRENT[3]

Retired but still helping

• I would like to transfer the electrical current (torque) value from an axis, such as $CUR_TORQUE[3] in to an R[n] register.

I've done a lot of basic programming in HandlingTool for many of applications.

But I cannot find out how to monitor an axis current in real time within a program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

You mean the torque or disturbance?

• My assumption is torque as I want to monitor the increase in current of J3 as the robot makes a slow approach and the EOAT makes contact with a pallet. It's just an idea at this point. Just trying to find a way get around using a series of photosensors to determine the actual pallet Z location in a pallet hopper. Bottom line, I don't know enough of disturbance to even ask a halfway intelligent question.

• Can you find the variable ? Can you see the number ?

Jog the robot (gently) again a table/wall and start pushing (crashing) (gently) the robot against it and look at the numbers changing on $SV_INFO[1].$Q_CURRENT[whatever]

Once again GENTLY . That will be fine, very fine motion

Once you see those numbers you can create a range of disturbance before it actually crashes. The problem is that in real life the robot has to move very slow

Retired but still helping

• My assumption is torque as I want to monitor the increase in current of J3 as the robot makes a slow approach and the EOAT makes contact with a pallet. It's just an idea at this point. Just trying to find a way get around using a series of photosensors to determine the actual pallet Z location in a pallet hopper. Bottom line, I don't know enough of disturbance to even ask a halfway intelligent question.

In such a case I always use $MISC[1].$HPD_TRQ[x] whare "x" is the axis number.

I use it together with SKIP CONDITION and it works, but as Fabian Munoz said, you have to tune is slowly and gently.

• Thank you for your input! You are thinking along the lines as I am. I've monitored the axes currents in another application, but never actually use them. At this point I put it in the category of a hair-brain idea, but would like to pursue it. It would make this new application's hardware a lot less complicated.

• In such a case I always use $MISC[1].$HPD_TRQ[x] whare "x" is the axis number.

I use it together with SKIP CONDITION and it works, but as Fabian Munoz said, you have to tune is slowly and gently.

Thank you for your input! I greatly appreciate it. Now I just need to get some "play time" on the robot to figure out what I actually want to do.

Advertising from our partners