KSS 8.6.7

KR 6 R900

Additional Software:

EthernetKRL 3.1.2

KUKA.PROFINET MS 5.0.3

DiagnosisSafety 3.1.5

KUKA.DeviceConnector 2.1.4

X11 not yet configured

I am trying to ping the robot controller from my desktop. Desktop & controller are both on a switch, along with a Cognex camera (that I'm going to establish communication with), which connects to a router for internet.

My Ethernet cable is connected to X66.

Inside the manuals I discovered that "PROFINET automatically occupies the virtual interface “virtual5”. This must be adapted to PROFINET"

So as instructed, I created virtual6, with the IP and Subnet mask I want for my LAN (checked as windows interface).

Please see .zip file for included photos.

My problem is that I cannot even ping the controller. Even the led light on the switch for link/act remains dark. Wire-shark doesn't detect any packages. I have 0 response.

I am also not using one of three reserved subnets.

Desktop

Virtual6

Virtual5

I understand that this is an easy task, what am I missing?

• Place your Ad here!
  • you should be able to ping each of the addresses as long as your computer that you are pinging from is configured to be in the same address range and cable is ok. maybe internal cable connecting to KLI to X66 is not ok or plugged in correctly.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• check tour system schematic. if the switch is internal to KRC, check if it is powered. it may need user to supply power to it or install jumpers to route internal power to the switch.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Contact KUKA and get quote. Asking for commercial products is engaging in software piracy. This is against forum rules and will get you banned.

3) read 1 and 2