fanuc Roboguide, simple TP program for jogging the arm

• Hi all,

I am beginner with Fanuc robots and currently, I have access to Roboguide. I need help with a simple task.

I am using Roboguide where I have created a cell. My robot controller is R-1000iA/80F. I followed an online video to help me write a simple program. Basically, a simple jogging motion of the robotic arm to a set of 5~10 points. In this video, the last link of the robotic arm was manually moved to a point, and then that position was recorded by pressing POINT button on TP. In this way, a set of three points was recorded into the program. However, no such button is present when I open TP, and reach my program edit screen on the Roboguide. Did I miss something ? Moreover, when I click on SELECT, it does give me a list of programs, however, I do not see the CREATE button that let's you create a new program. Instead, I clicked on the left-side panel, right clicked on Programs, and then selected Add TP program, and hence I was in the program edit window. Now, I want to create some points, record these points, and see a jogging motion of the arm in those points.

thanks for your help.

• Besides what Fabian Suggested. It does sound like you might be in quick menus mode rather than full menus. You can switch between quick and full menus by pressing [FCTN]-> 0 "--NEXT--" -> 1 "QUICK/FULL MENUS". This will toggle between the two menu types. Many integrators (myself included) like to leave robots in quick menu mode to stop people from screwing with stuff.

Advertising from our partners