Motoman robot for milling foam and epoxy?

• We are considering a yaskawa motoman robot (GP180) to be used with foam and epoxy mold milling. But whenever you google/ search on youtube for robotics milling, most people use Kuka/ABB for milling. Is there any specific reason that makes motoman unsuitable for milling? Or it is just people love to use second hand kuka/abb for these kind of task? Thanks!

• hi

Is there any specific reason that makes motoman unsuitable for milling?

They are suitable for milling .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe because they are more accurate, check into that, compare robots

Retired but still helping

• Because after buying the Motoman robot you cannot actually use it without "it'a a paid option, please call Yaskawa representative" lol :smiling_face:

Sounds like poor planning and not knowing exactly what you want to do with the robot.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Because after buying the Motoman robot you cannot actually use it without "it'a a paid option, please call Yaskawa representative" lol :smiling_face:

I'm pretty sure that any company would do the same if you're not sure about your project. Fanuc ABB Kuka Staubli are all the same on that point lol

Advertising from our partners