FANUC R30iA main switch and power suply.

• Hello.

I have a problem. If im connect external power suply to my robot and i on main switch, main switch automatically goes off. If im discinecct external power suply all its ok. Im connect power suply to phase 2.

• Its not clear what your voltages are.

What is the voltage supplied to the robot?

What is the voltage of the external power supply?

How did you wire the external power supply? I see that you tapped into Leg 2 for one terminal of the external power supply. What did you use for the other terminal(s)?

• If I am understanding him right, it sounds like he is trying to attach an AC to DC power supply to one of the incoming legs of the 3 phase.

I think you are right about this.

Szkyrp,

Where is the other side of the PSU connected to? Also, you need to make sure you wire is large enough for what ever that breaker is rated at, otherwise you could easily start a fire. You should also connect a ground to the terminal marked PE for safety.

• You said 230V 1 phase, but there is obviously 3 wires connected.

Also it appears your ground wire (labeled "PE") has been cut.

And the blue wire going into the Load side terminal is also suspiciously the same insulation color as the cut earth and it is bundled/zip-tied together with the beige line side wires. I don't know what I'm looking at here but I don't think I like it...

• Yes, I misunderstood, but I agree with Nation's thoughts.

Not the right way to do this. They should be using a separate disconnect and fuses coming off the mains, don't touch the robot controller at all. Then wire to the appropriate transformer from 2 legs of your 3 phase power, and finally to the DC supply. All needs to be properly grounded as well.

If you don't know what you are doing please work with a qualified electrician.

• Yes, re

20210601-135557.jpg

20210601-135608.jpg

Yes, really strange connections. As HawkMe said:

- don't touch the main switch (it's obviously 3 phase, not 1 as you said) -> separate the power,

- attach the ground to the controller (cable cut) -> PE,

- don't use blue cable as the phase cable! Use different colour.

• You need to provide more information. What is the incoming voltage to the robot? Did you buy a power supply to match? What did you buy? Why do this in the robot controller when it is typically done in the power distribution panel?

Frankly, the amount of information you have given screams to me that you need to get a qualified electrician or controls engineer to implement this.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners