Fanuc CRX 10iA - Force Feedback

• Good Day All,

Thanks for reading my post, I am requiring some help.

I have a CRX 10iA Co Robot with a 30iB Mini Plus Controller, this is paired with the iRVision 2DV Vision System.

My end effector is a Infrastake Heat-Staking application. I am Heat staking plastic studs over onto a Flexible Printed Circuit.

The issue I am having, is that the plastic sheet I am trying to heat-stake has +/- 1mm play in the Z axis, causing the heat-stakes to fail as not enough pressure is applied to the plastics. I have reduced my Z Offset by 1mm and it errors out as I then have a excessive force error.

Can anyone advise if there is a function or way of setting a force to achieve and then carry out the IO Logic,

A very crude thought of how it would work here:

MOVE TO POINT 1 & Z OFFSET -6

IF LPOS = POINT 1 (ZOFFSET - 6) OR FORCE = 1kg

HEAT LOGIC

ENDIF

Many Thanks,

James

• I have reduced my Z Offset by 1mm and it errors out as I then have a excessive force error.

What force error, specifically? If it's the collaborative "safe force" limit, there are ways to turn this off temporarily, if it's safe to do so.

For example, you might be able to insert the stake partway, turn off "collaborative" mode, then push it the rest of the way with a "deep" offset, then re-activate collaborative mode before exiting. A very narrow DCS zone to only allow disengaging collaborative mode when partway through the stake insertion would be a good way to safeguard this.

• What force error, specifically? If it's the collaborative "safe force" limit, there are ways to turn this off temporarily, if it's safe to do so.

For example, you might be able to insert the stake partway, turn off "collaborative" mode, then push it the rest of the way with a "deep" offset, then re-activate collaborative mode before exiting. A very narrow DCS zone to only allow disengaging collaborative mode when partway through the stake insertion would be a good way to safeguard this.

Hello SkyeFire,

I am also interested in how it would be possible to temporarily switch off collaborative mode and then reactivate it. Would it be possible to see some example code of how this could be achieved?

Thank you for your help.

• coffeeBean,

You can disable the contact stop in the Collaborative Robot DCS menu. Set the disabling input for the external force limit as a safe input. This can be a CPC input, so while you are in a small CPC zone, the external force limit will be disabled.

The Fanuc manual suggests setting SIR[x] = CPC[x] AND NSI[x], where a DO is mapped to NSI[x], then using SIR[x] as the force limit disabling input. You would then enter the CPC zone and programmatically turn on DO when you want to disable the force limit.

This is in Section 5.2 Disabling Contact Stop In Program of the Collaborative Robot Function Operator's Manual.

• robodec has a good suggestion. just want to add that your safety assessment should account for the robot being in non-collaborative mode for this time period.

I also wonder if the Touch Skip function could work here. there is an icon for it. you might need to experiment though but it may end up being more flexible. that being said it can still lead to excessive force errors

• robodec has a good suggestion. just want to add that your safety assessment should account for the robot being in non-collaborative mode for this time period.

Yes. If the robot is in Non-Collaborative Mode, it is no longer safe, and you have to protect nearby personnel from the robot using other methods.

Advertising from our partners