Passing integers between PLC (Mitsubishi) and Yaskawa Robot over CC Link

• We have 4 bins that outputs parts will be placed in, 50 parts per bin. The infeed has 10 parts per pallet (1 LH pallet and 1 RH pallet) and we want to determine which position should be picked/placed by the robot by reading an integer value from the PLC.

All of this is being done over CC-link, I have not used CC link before but it appears to be limited to 14 bytes between PLC and Robot. If we group that many bits then we wont have space for other IO that we want to pass between PLC and robot.

I have come across remote register allocation in the setup for CC link which may work however it appears to be limited to one send and one receive on the robot side. We would need 7 send and 7 receive registers in total to achieve what we want to do.

Is there a way to assign more than 1 remote register from the robot side?

If not, what would be the best way to achieve the same result without using up most of the IO points that I am limited to?

Thanks in advance.

• When you setup the CC-Link you select how many stations you want. this will determine how much I/O & Registers are setup.

We set all of our Robots to 4 stations which give up plenty of IO no matter what application.

Advertising from our partners