Kawasaki external axis

• Hi,

I am working on a spot welding project. We have taken JT 7 as servo weld gun and JT 8 as turn table. I'm unable to run the turntable in T1 and T2 mode, JT 8 being in separate group. However I'm able to run the turn table in auto mode using EXT_DRIVE command which is again cannot be executed in teach mode.

How can I run my turn table in T1 and T2 mode.

Robot model: Kawasaki BX200L

Controller: F series

Tun table servo: Sanyo Denki

• Welcome to the forum...............:beerchug:

Didn't know F Series Controllers were available for BX arms.

Kawasaki teach pendants have a specific button called 'Ext Axis', this is used to enable external axis groups for jogging functions and then axis keys replicate them: JT1 will drive JT8

• Running programs in teach mode is one of the basic functions covered in training courses and is explained in the Operation manuals.

Select the program, select teach mode, teach lock on, motor power on, run, deadmans pressed and pressing GO.

Toggle the CONT button to change from step once, to step continuous.

Check Aux 802 for Check continuous being enabled to, this allows when in step once mode, upon release and press of GO, it advances to next step.

Kawasaki does not have T1 and T2.

You have Teach and Fast Check.

Fast Check is used for checking programs at full robot speed and cannot be used for manual jogging of axes or positional modifications, extreme caution should be used when using Fast Check as robot can reach full speed, so make sure you and everyone are clear of robots working envelope when using.

This information is contained in Operation manuals and Fast Check manuals supplied with the robot.

• I have taken my JT 8 in separate group so when I record a point only 7 axes data(6 axes of robot and 1 axis servo weld gun) is recorded and while executing the program only these 7 axes move.

For JT 8 I have used "EXT_DRIVE" command and this program runs in background pc program window.

When I disabled "All group always separated" Aux 1801 Basic parameters, all 8 axes of robot started moving simultaneously in teach mode which I don't want. I've enabled that function again and I want JT8 to be in separate group but it should work in Teach mode.

• Not 100% sure as my experience with separate control hardware controllers is very limited.

I would suggest contacting Kawasaki directly for this.

According to the manual, electrically all external axis appear to be controlled from external signals/dedicated signals and not direct axis keys on the teach pendant (I maybe misreading this though).

The manual suggests an external control panel be made to allow for manual control of external axis or by configuring IFP signals.

Again from the manual, it suggests the correct GROUP value be set, to allow for separation from robot arm and external axes control.

Advertising from our partners