Fanuc RJ3IA Ethernet/IP with Beckhoff PLC

• Hello Everyone;

I work on Fanuc RJ3IA Ethernet/IP connection with Beckhoff TwinCAT PLC

1- I connected cable to CD38B port.

2- Robot IP address is 192.168.2.5

3- PLC as Scanner and IP address is 192.168.2.99

4- I am using generic device and make parameter correctly. IO size is 4 Word (64 Bit), Config Instance is 100, Input Assembly 101 and Output Assembly 151 and RPI is 32ms on PLC side.

5- I mapped inputs outputs to address 89 Slot 1 and length is 64

6- Ethernet/IP option is loaded, Type: ADP, Connection1 Enabled=TRUE and show ONLINE. Input size 4 and out size 4 on Robot.

PLC diagnostic show:

Entry: FwOpen Request command sent to 192.168.2.5

Entry: Unable FWOpen request response from 192.168.2.5

TwinCAT automatic device scanner found robot at 192.168.2.5 adding to device list.

Everything seems be OK but communication is not established. All manuals show Rockwell PLC and nearly same settings.

Any idea ?

• Today is not possible to take photo but

Tcp/Ip adress of port 2

192.168.2.5 No router Ip defined

Other settings just like explained my first message. If you ask specific settings I can give detail.

• What is the "IO size is 4 Word (64 Bit)"?

If 64 bit is the size of the PLC word, you have the I/O size discrepancy between PLC and robot.

The robot words are 16-bit.

The connection size in total bits must be the same in the scanner and adapter.

• What is the "IO size is 4 Word (64 Bit)"?

If 64 bit is the size of the PLC word, you have the I/O size discrepancy between PLC and robot.

The robot words are 16-bit.

The connection size in total bits must be the same in the scanner and adapter.

I mean total length 64 bit =4 Words for inputs and 4 words for outputs.

Anyway problem has been solved. It is a cable problem. Ethernet/IP does not working with direct connection as port to port with cross connection of cable. I add ethernet switch and it is working now. I guess is speed problem of ethernet cable but I don't understand clearly. Switch is solved the problem. It is good experience for me. Thanks.

Advertising from our partners