Fanuc Collision Detect Adjustment

• Hello, I'm new to forums in general. Please excuse any errors or wrong place to be posted.

I have a robotic cell with two Fanuc 100iBe robots running to one teach pendant. I am currently having issues with the axis-6 having a collision detect when just simply jogging the robot. I am a fairly new maintenance tech for this company, so I have not come across our set greasing intervals for our robots. Upon investigating this issue, it was found that the other technicians had been greasing the rotating bearing for the welding lead and not the actual Axis-6. The alarm is tied to the axis-6. This axis was bone dry, the robot has been in service for 15 years. We are crunched for time and cannot wait for replacement parts/robot. I tried to lower the collision guard but this did not correct this issue. I know where to locate the system variable to adjust the collision sensitivity per axis, but I only understand how to adjust for robot 1. so my question is, how do I get to the correct settings to adjust sensitivity for axis 6 on my robot 2 with my RJ-3 controller on a Fanuc 100 iBe running dual robots on 1 controller?

• I've never dealt with a dual arm controller, but I would guess that the second robot's variables are listed under group 2. Fanuc usually structures their motion variables by group.

This is just a WAG though.

• This is what I assumed as well, but when changing groups by the shift and coordinate from 1 and 2 I didn’t see any changes in listed parameters under my servo parameters. I even check groups 3 and 4 for my fixture rotation axis to see if any parameters changed before I changed anything. I know the section I am in to change these parameters will apply to robots 1 but my problems are robot 2

• In R-J3iB Mate economical, because this is the control unit to AM100iBe, as far as I know, there wasn't any possibility of adjusting collision detection, only enable or disable. Adjustment was introduced with R-30iA controller.

So please try to disable collision detection and try, maybe it helps.

• Collision adjustment was available earlier than R-30iA. I have some RJ3 robots running HandlingTool 5.3 that do collision guard adjustments. It is probably an optional feature. If you have it you have to setup a register to work with it. Then the programming is:

1: R[7:COL GUARD]=80

2: COL GUARD ADJUST

• In R-J3iB Mate economical, because this is the control unit to AM100iBe, as far as I know, there wasn't any possibility of adjusting collision detection, only enable or disable. Adjustment was introduced with R-30iA controller.

So please try to disable collision detection and try, maybe it helps.

I can get to the servo parameters by enabling this option through the system variables but I don’t know which servo parameter relates to axis 6 of robot 2. I understand the layout for a single robot single controller but not the dual robot setup.

Collision adjustment was available earlier than R-30iA. I have some RJ3 robots running HandlingTool 5.3 that do collision guard adjustments. It is probably an optional feature. If you have it you have to setup a register to work with it. Then the programming is:

1: R[7:COL GUARD]=80

2: COL GUARD ADJUST

We ended up greasing the 6th axis and the issue has been at bay for now. It was found that all previous techs had been greasing the wrong ports thinking that was axis 6. The grease should helps us limp by until replacement parts arrive.

Thanks for the replies everyone, all though this is no longer an issue, I still can’t figure out which servo parameter matches axis 6 for robot 2.

• Collision adjustment was available earlier than R-30iA. I have some RJ3 robots running HandlingTool 5.3 that do collision guard adjustments. It is probably an optional feature. If you have it you have to setup a register to work with it.

It depends of the robot spec. - in CE spec. it was started with R-30iA (soft 7.xx).

Before it was not possible to have it - only enable/disable.

Advertising from our partners