RobTarget not working properly

• Hello Experts,

I come across a big issue, need you peoples help. We have 5 ABB IRC5 Robot in our factory and one of them we are using for inductile part grinding application. Unfortunately our Robot Robtarget position gets shifted suddenly and we tried to taught its position but its not saving it. Earlier same program was working fine for 4-5 months and without doing any changes we came across this robtarget position shifting issue. Plese help me to fix this. Sorry for my bad english.

• Robtargets do not change on their own. Something else changes, such as the mounting to the floor becomes loose, the end effector becomes loose or damaged, and so on. Gearboxes wear, and the backlash changes. You need to try to do a root cause analysis to find what has changed.

• Hello Lemster68,

Thanks for reply.

We already have 1 program for Robot & tool repeatability checking. We ran it several times and It is working fine. We were able to get the same position all the times.

• Hello xerim,

What I observed is that program we ran successfully for 1000 of parts and suddenly we observed that program not running as per its taught position then we tried to modify it. After modification when we ran it in manual mode it worked fine and not worked in auto mode. When we tried to run in auto mode we observed that robot went to same condition where we were before Robtarget modification.

• Whenever you execute a move instruction there are several arguments that must be passed into the instruction in order for the movement to be executed. For example:

MoveJ p1, v20, z30, tool2;

This instruction tells the robot to move to robtarget p1 at a velocity of 20mm/s with the zone radius of 30mm with reference to the TCP of tool2.

Here is a visual description of zonedata:

All of this information is very well documented in the Technical Reference Manual - Rapid Instructions, Functions and Data types

• Is it only the one position instruction that is shifted 20-30mm?

If so, please post the entire instruction.

Step thru the program in Auto to get to the position to ensure you are selecting the right position instruction to modify. Could be running a different position instruction in Auto than in Manual.

• Just a shot in the dark, are there any pdisp instructions being used in the program? Any chance that the reset is not being performed, and you are stacking pdisp instructions for greater accumulated

Along the same line of thought, is there a vision system being used to modify work objects? Or more specifically, is there any evidence that the Uframe or Oframe of the workobjects are being modified on the fly?

• SharPlesR,

Issue observed with our regular program, then we created totally new program for trials purpose which was not having any offset instructions in it just simple program we used but still we got the same issue on simple program as well. After teaching workobject when we ran it into automatic mode path of robot was totally different. It is happening only in one routine of part drop, part pick routine is working fine. We used pDispOff command to deactivate any applied offset to the program even we deactivated soft move function as well but still we got same issue again.

• We are using servo gripper on that robot and as per part size. Closing distance is changing with respective part size. With respective part size tcp also adjusted.

• Hello athuludayn,

Sure, I'll share ourprogram code. earlier we created simple program and tested it but that one also gives us save problem. Still you thing it is programminv issue?

Advertising from our partners