TCP external axis

• If the robot is mounted on KL it should be

DECL EX_KIN $EX_KIN={ET1 #ERSYS,ET2 #NONE,ET3 #NONE,ET4 #NONE,ET5 #NONE,ET6 #NONE}

not

DECL EX_KIN $EX_KIN={ET1 #E A SYS,ET2 #NONE,ET3 #NONE,ET4 #NONE,ET5 #NONE,ET6 #NONE}

Fubini

• Can he explain to me what the others mean: # EASYS, # EBSYS, # ECSYS, # EDSYS, # EESYS, # EFSYS.The robot that works with KL 1500 is you ceiling, or if we change it to $ EX_KIN = {ET1 # ERSYS, ET2 # NONE, ET3 # NONE, ET4 # NONE, ET5 # NONE, ET6 #NONE} then at KL 1500 in the world variable FRAME $ ERSYSROOT = {X 0.0, Y 0.0, Z 0.0, A 0.0, B 0.0, C 0.0} should not be changed FRAME $ ERSYSROOT = {X 0.0, Y 0.0, Z 0.0, A 0.0, B 0.0, C 180.0 } as the robot has the ceiling set.

• #EASYS...#EFSYS refer to different kinematic systems (named A-F)

#ERSYS is the robot kinematic.

those can be used to create transforms ET1..ET6

following shows that only ET1 is used:

{ET1 #ERSYS, ET2 #NONE, ET3 #NONE, ET4 #NONE, ET5 #NONE, ET6 #NONE}

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• By changing DECL EX_KIN $ EX_KIN = {ET1 #ERSYS} TCP starts working in a strange uncontrollable way, unfortunately I can't stop TCP in place and move the E1 axis, I tried to change $ RAT_MOT_AX but it didn't work.As in the picture, if I rotate the robot 90 degrees with A1 axis to the left or right and move the E1 axis, the TCP should stand still.

• You have to learn to be a lot more specific. E.g. how exactly do you move the Tcp.

In jogging mode for example tcp stands still in case of an active Cartesian coordinate reference system and jogging e1. If you choose to use axis specific reference system it does not stand still.

So please describe in detail what you are doing. Which buttons when, what reference systems are active, jogging or program, ...

Did you check correctness of kl external kinematics description in machine data. Compare to original kuka machine data file for example. You also have to consider the mounting angles of your robot on the kl. The necessary frames can be identified by carefully reading the link of my previous post.

This Adaption can be done in WorkVisual supposing some kind of krc4. Also vital Info you are not willing to share.

Fubini

• Fubini, it is as you write, the robot tries to move in the pulse mode (T1 or T2), selecting the Cartesian system with the measured tool and moving the E1 axis, the E1 axis moves together with the tool tip, but the robot itself moves the tool tip faster than the E1 axis in the same direction. The robot is KR 240 R2900 C KRC4 , KL1500 / 2 axis, axis and robot suspended under the structure. Work visual project attached.

• never heard of 'pulse mode'. T1 and T2 are manual modes (or teach modes).

that attachment is not WoV project. 22byte is way too small.

your E1 gear ratio or transform is not correct.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Sorry, I still have tremendous difficulties understanding your problem description. So did you check machine data compared to original ones from kuka for your kl? I can not do this for you because I do not have access to this kind of info from kuka (no robot or any software available). But if you hang a kl to the ceiling you normally only have to adapt $ersysroot accordingly. All other data can be used with default values from kuka.

Often you can figure out wrong machine data by simple test as well. If e.g. Rat_mot_ax for e1 is wrong program e1 to run 1 m in one direction. How much does the real axis move. Should be 1 m if data is correct.

And btw usually the robot moves faster then an kl. So if you let the robot stretch to let's say 1 m to the left it is usually faster than letting the external axis move 1 m to the left. Just guessing this is one of your remarks above. But this is no helpful info to help identify whether your machine is setup correct.

My advice also draw the external axis frames (see again my post up there somewhere) on a bit of paper and then compare by measuring on the real kl.

Fubini

• ? In krc4 you can not jog in t2 so are we really talking about teaching or jogging in here? Do you have a robot program involved or are you only pushing the buttons on the smartpad. Both are inherently different modes of commanding the robot but can be conducted in t1. Again details matter.

• Ok. So what you meant to say before was: It does not matter what type of reference frame (Cartesian or axis specific) you use in jogging mode the TCP always moves. As said before this should not be the case for Cartesian reference frames and indicates some error in machine data setup. In theory error could be in robot or external axis data. You could rule out robot if you reorient on the spot the TCP without moving the external axis. If robot machine data (and tool data and mastering) are correct the robot should only show a very small drift from its position.

If this test does not fail you can be pretty sure problem is in the kl machine data. And we are back were we started: compare your data with original kuka data.

Fubini

• why don't you answer the questions and post some numbers?

your WoV project shows that you already have program GETRIEBE() that moves only E1 from 0 to 1000 mm. Can you try it and tell what is the actual distance travelled? if it is not exactly 1000mm, your E1 gear ratio is wrong.

$RAT_MOT_AX[7]={N 34598900,D 1000000}

3) read 1 and 2

• Sorry, I still have tremendous difficulties understanding your problem description.

why don't you answer the questions and post some numbers?

your WoV project shows that you already have program GETRIEBE() that moves only E1 from 0 to 1000 mm. Can you try it and tell what is the actual distance travelled? if it is not exactly 1000mm, your E1 gear ratio is wrong.

$RAT_MOT_AX[7]={N 34598900,D 1000000}

Quote from Martin84

I press a button on the smart pad, and when writing a program in t1 and moving E1 and then running this program, he does strange things (not what was actually shown to him)

my crystal ball does not work so ...

why not try using short but complete sentences?

what button?

what program?

moving E1 how exactly? by program? which one? (post code)

who is 'he'? you mean robot?

what exactly are those "strange things"? robot moves how, in what direction and how much? need NUMBERS...!

what is meant by "shown to him"? if robot is 'he', how is he able to see what you are showing? is there a vision system installed and using character recognition? maybe AI?

anything you state should be sufficient to reproduce your experiment and get exact same result.

"he does strange things" is not specific enough

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners