KUKA KR120 Problem

• that is likely but not guaranteed... could be motor, or wiring... or all of the above.

i would first make sure that short is not still there anymore because if it managed to damage one drive, there is nothing to say it will not do the same for the next one.

normally red LED at the bottom indicates short in brake channel. so i would try unplugging that circuit and check resistance of the motor brake (right at cable you unplugged).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for answer.

Today i measured resistance values at the motors (cables unplugged) - all resistances are ok. Then measured resistances in x20 box at resolver cables - also no problems there.

What should be the next step?

• If the plugs behind the robot or the rdc box or the controller are unplugged recently. Please recheck if the pins are still in the right spot. Had seen cases where the pins get bent when technicians plug them back with brute force.

It's generally the x21 or the motor power plugs.

• Hello again.

Found a problem, it was a bad cable at axis 5 motor(making short), thanks to Panic Mode.

I can jog the robot manually at the moment only, cause there are two errors not allowing Robot to start operating in Ext mode. Have to do remastering for axis 5 and 6. I have a tool , know how to connect it, but new to mastering the axis of the robot. Does anyone have a manual for this operation?

Advertising from our partners