IO-link gripper integration into WorkVisual

• Hi everyone!

Hope you're able to help me out.

First of all, information on my system:

• Robot: KUKA KR10 R900-2
    • Controller: KR C4 Compact
    • KSS version: 8.6.7 (kernel version KS V8.6.353)
    • WorkVisual 6.0
    • Bus coupler: Beckhoff EK1100
    • IO-link master: Beckhoff EL6224
    • IO-link gripper: Zimmer Group GEP2006IL

I am trying to set up the gripper in WorkVisual. I've successfully added the IO-link master device description file, and I am able to map inputs. But how do I map the digital outputs? There are no available outputs to be mapped in the IO Mapping Editor for the EL6224 IO Link Master. However, I do see some possible outputs for the module in its settings under the tab "Process data objects", but they aren't available for mapping. The lights on the Beckhoff EL6224 are lighting up, and so are the status lights on the Zimmer gripper.

Just for information, I will be using the bus coupler for both this gripper as well as a linear actuator. I am able to successfully control the linear actuator through a Beckhoff EL4024 Analog module, and I had no mapping or connectivity issues with this one.

I have spoken to KUKA, who unfortunately was not able to provide a solution for now, but they will investigate and get back to me when they know more.

Does anybody know how to directly add and control an IO-link device in the KR C4 controller through WorkVisual?

Please let me know if you need me to provide additional info.

• Hi, how do you have add the IOLink Master EL6224 to the robot on workvisual? i am not able to do it. I want to use it to read the distance of a OGD592 sensor. Thanks a lot.

• maybe because EL6224 is not supported. according to compatibility list on Xpert, this need to be EL6224-0090 and the device description file must be recent one (2019-09-29).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• maybe because EL6224 is not supported. according to compatibility list on Xpert, this need to be EL6224-0090 and the device description file must be recent one (2019-09-29).

That is correct. I talked to KUKA, and the EL6224 is not supported yet apparently. The EL6224-0090, EP6224-2022 and EP6228 are compatible with KUKA at the moment.

Advertising from our partners