Instant Collision Detect SRVO-050

• I've been tasked with refurbishing our training station. I was basically handed a box of parts and said, "Make it work".

After putting all the parts together I've discovered that it's a LR Mate 200iC connected to a R-30iA Mate controller. At first J1 was moving back and forth fine, but now it instantly quits and throws up a SRVO-050 Collision detect alarm. I'm wondering what would typically cause this before I start pulling the mechanical unit apart.

Edited once, last by wnewton ().

• wnewton

Changed the title of the thread from “Instant Collision Detect SRVO-060” to “Instant Collision Detect SRVO-050”.
  • In my experience, Most of the time it is one of these two.

A faulty break or brake wiring.

Not the right grease, or not the right amount of grease. (Too much or too little)

When you have the possebility to release the brake, try if you can manualy move the axis and feel for resistance.

• I don't think it's any of those things and here is why:

I physically removed the motor from j1 and can turn the axis by hand and it is smooth.

J1 and its gear reducer were full of clean grease.

I left the brake and the encoder plugged in and turned power on. Then I held the deadman switch and pressed <Shift> and tapped <X1> to apply power to the brake.

It was just as hard to turn the motor shaft as without power.

Next, I put a meter on the terminals of the brake wires while it was plugged into the motor and only read 41 volts DC.

The side of the motor has a label that reads DC90V BRAKE FOR ROBOT.

So, I'm thinking there is a problem from the controller.

• I can't remember which generation of Mates it was, but there was a problem with J1 being full of grease. (PM for them said add X ml of grease). They didn't like it, and it was always J1

Try taking out the breather plug, write a quick program to exorcize J1, and just let it run for an hour or more. Then wipe up the mess :smiling_face: put the plug back, and try her.

• I physically removed the J1 motor from the robot and left it electrically connected. When I ran it in either direction it would make a grinding sound and jerk instead of spin smoothly. So, I sent it out to be inspected/repaired and the bearings were bad. I guess the combined torque of turning the robot (X1-2) and bad bearings were enough to cause the immediate collision detect error.

Advertising from our partners