ready2_pilot alternative

• I want to implement similar functions of ready2_pilot to krc2.

I have seen this 3d mouse that i can attach to robot arm at wrist

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/product/spacemouse-wireless/

This 3d mouse will connect with a mini/embedded pc wireless and will read the commands of 3d mouse

this embeded pc that will be connected via ethernet to kpc2

and will send movement jogging comands via kukavarproxy client for kpc2 kukavarproxy server.

How do you hear this ? can be done ?

I think the only thing needed is a small application that will read 3d mouse and send commands via ethernet to kpc2 kukavarproxy server.

Another scenario is to make a 3d mouse from scratch that is connected directly to kpc2

and an external read the 3d mouse and send jogging commands to kss..

This application can be done as extension for kss ?

Is there any programing manual for programing kss extensions?

Exists something other like this for krc2 ?

• not a problem at all... if one knows enough about programming.

did you download and test SDK from 3Dconnexion website?

did you check C3Bridge? it is compatible with KVP but has more features and there is a nice video using Box gamepad https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnWElEzh_UeF3SknmSNJgnQ

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• No probably i will not use 3Dconnexion as is because it has no drivers for windows xp

I will make my own 3D mouse i have seen a teardown of space mouse and is not so difficult.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The reason is that i want something to work with windows xp

so i will avoid other embedded pc that will read 3d space mouse.

Mine 3d mouse will have direct connection to kpc2 with rs232

I will get a space mouse that i will remove the controller put inside mine stm32 mcu

and rs232 circuit to hanlde the serial connection.

Next i can make a simple windows app that will read the 3d mouse in kpc2 from rs232

but my problem is how to send commands to kss from this app.

Is there any api to kss or documentation how to program extensions for kss

or how to control kss from external app ?

• interesting video... very simple construction using light passing through slits. senders must be multiplexed to avoid crosstalk. same could be done with other methods (capacitive, inductive, strain gage, ultrasound...)

not sure why would you need any app. KRC2 can read RS232 directly using KRL. you can use that to just stream correction values and state of buttons...

but if you have KVP or C3B on controller, and you are using other RS232 port (or USB) to connect your input device then you would need an app to read the values and write some variable that KRL can process. C3B also has support for jogging via space mouse or keypad. Also it there is ready to use C3Control Panel that allows one to use mentioned gamepad or move robot manually using on-screen buttons.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• One thing about the spacemouse: first versions of them had a serial interface and came from Logitech, may be you can get a used one on eBay or so.

In former days I used them myself to do hand guided programming of KRCs.

On one robot I used a Anybus serial-devicenet converter, so the robot had digital signals from spacemouse.

• One thing about the spacemouse: first versions of them had a serial interface and came from Logitech, may be you can get a used one on eBay or so.

In former days I used them myself to do hand guided programming of KRCs.

On one robot I used a Anybus serial-devicenet converter, so the robot had digital signals from spacemouse.

So you have done ready2_pilot function with a serial spacemouse connected to anybus serial-devicenet

connected to devicenet port of mfc2 ?

What configuration you have done in kss ?

• .. What configuration you have done in kss ?. .

Don't really understand the question. I already told that the Anybus converter converted the serial stream of the spacemouse into digital inputs on devicenet card of krc1/krc2.

The algorithm was done by myself in a combination of sps.sub and main program.

I talked about spacemouses that where sold on the free market, like the one javaman linked to in the first post. Not about a spacemouse from Kuka.

They where sold by Logitech and had a serial interface. Actually there are some available on ebay (for really small money).

I don't know the ready2_pilot function.

• no you did not understand me correct i mean that

you made similar function of ready2_pilot with other hardware..

with a serial spacemouse connected to anybus serial-devicenet connected to devicenet port of mfc2 correct ?

What configuration have you done in kss ?

• We are turning in a circle.

I really don't know what you mean by 'what configuration have you done in kss'.

The spacemouse sends a continuous stream with actual values for each of the 6 freedoms.
    They were converted to 6 integers on the devicenet.

Then I programmed an algorithm in sps.sub and main program, so that the robot follows the spacemouse, that is mounted on the tooling on the robot.

If that is the function of ready2_pilot, I have done a similar function.

Advertising from our partners