KRC4 compact & KR3

KSS : 8.3.38

WorkVisual 5.0.5 build 600

options :

• Ethernet KRL 2.2.9
    • Fast Send driver 4.0.3
    • KRC4 EthernetIP 2.0.3
    • Usertech 3.3.5

I would like to test Fast Send Driver in order to send to my PC TCP and axis data at high frequency but I'm struggling with the last steps. I chose the KLI variant as proposed on the manual. I managed to install correctly the FSD package, configure my virtual network on the IP address 172.21.1.1 and i can see on the Diagnostic Monitor the modules "FSD", "FSD Interface" and my module that I named "fsd kli". I configured my fixed IP address on my PC in the same range that the one used for FSD : 172.21.1.2 and I can ping correctly the 172.21.1.1 address.
    I decided to use SocketTest.exe which allow, in a very simple way, to send and receive UDP packets. But now, when I try to send the HELO packet from my computer is order to register myself as a client, nothing happen. On the "FSD" module the line "IP address of the client" is still "N/A (no client)". But every time I send a packet from SocketTest, i can see on my "fsd kli" module that the RX counter and the TX counter is incrementing. I tried to disable my Firewall but still nothing...

Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help

--

• please state things clearly.

did you try sending "HELO" from the same machine using SocketTest.exe?

did that work?

if so all connection settings and firewall are fine...

But now, when I try to send the HELO packet from my computer....

is that different machine?

how exactly (using what means) you are you sending packet?

connection need to be open before sending any packets. did you open it? how?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi Panic Mode, thank you for your response.

Actually, I'm sending "HELO" with Sockettest.exe so yes, on the same machine. I don't know if you are familiar with this software (socketTest.exe : https://sourceforge.net/projects/sockettest/ ) but it allows you to establish a UDP connection by listening to a specific IP and port number as well as sending UDP packets. What I do is set 172.21.1.2, the fixed IP of my machine, into the Server IP Address field. Then I set the port 25000 which is the one that I chose as the TX port on Workvisual, and click Start Listening. On the bottom part of the interface, I set my client IP address : 172.21.1.1 and the RX port : 25001 and send "HELO". As explained on the manual it is supposed to register my machine as a client, right?

Thank you again

• so that confirms that firewall and wiring are ok.

next thing you still did not answer:

how exactly (using what means) you are you sending packet?

connection need to be open before sending any packets. did you open it? how?

what are you using other than SocketTest.exe

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I'm still in a test phase so I'm just using SocketTest for now. The idea is to validate the frequency in a first place. I want to send by hand with SocketTest the first UDP packets mentioned in the manual and receive something from FSD before going further. I hope it make more sense this time

• not exactly...

first you said that using SocketTest from your computer worked but without SocketTest there was no response. that implied that you tried using some other software to communicate with FSD.

now you are saying that you only used SocketTest....

The idea is to validate the frequency in a first place.

frequency of what?

do you see how your posts can be confusing?

3) read 1 and 2

• Fast Send Driver manual, 2.1 product description :

"KUKA.FastSendDriver is an option package for the high-frequency

transfer of robot position data to an external system, e.g. a central data

processing system. "

This frequency. the speed at which the robot can send his position to my machine.

I'm using SocketTest because it is easier for me to test the UDP connection than programming my own UDP server on JAVA for example. But if you know another way to test this kind of connection I will be glad to try it. Sorry if it was unclear. I only used SocketTest in order to test the FSD option. But When I try to register my machine as a Client by sending the HELO Packet it doesn't seems to register at all. This is where I am right now.

• FSD supports only one client. You have to make sure that no other connection exist.

And you need to know how program that you use for testing behaves. Does it keep connection open or closes after each message? You may try to unplug ethernet cable to force closing of connection to find out.

3) read 1 and 2

• What port and wov settings have you configured fsd to use? On x47 the ip address to use is 172.20.1.1

Hi colinb83,

I used the KLI variant so my machine is plugged on the X66 port of my KRC4 compact .

FSD settings on wov :

transmission mode : TBM

scan rate : 12

grid size : 1000

RX port : 25000

TX port : 25001

Format : DEFAULT

I will try 172.20.1.1 instead of my actual address : 172.21.1.1.

Did you used something like SocketTest in order to test FSD ? Or a custom made UDP server?

FSD supports only one client. You have to make sure that no other connection exist.

And you need to know how program that you use for testing behaves. Does it keep connection open or closes after each message? You may try to unplug ethernet cable to force closing of connection to find out.

I will try to make sure there is no other connection and I think Sockettest is keeping connection.

• You can setup a udp client, using a fairly simple python script, that should be enough for a 12ms scan rate, if your wanting to up it to a 1ms rate then a compiled language would probably be required.

At 12ms the RSI tech pack would have been suitable and a loooot cheaper than the FSD

• I tried with a simple UDP server on JAVA which open the connection, send the "HELO" packet and wait for a response but still nothing...

I tried to change the IP Address to 172.20.1.1 but it's not working either. And the Manual explain that the range from 172.20.0.0 to 16 is reserved for the KSB :

manual section 5.2 : Using the KLI to exchange data with the FSD

No address from the network 172.20.0.0/16 may be used, as this network

is reserved for the connection via the KUKA System Bus.

I am aware of RSI but I think that FSD is more suitable for my application and the price is not a problem.

I also tried to open the ports (25000 and 25001)and chose UDP connections on the NAT tab of the Network Configuration menu but still no registration after the "HELO" packet.

Do you confirm that the sending of this packet from my machine is the only way to open the connection between FSD and my pc?

• manual explicitly tells that when using KLI, do not try to use 172.20.x.x address range. wrong KLI settings make robot inoperable and to recover you will need USB Recovery stick and good HDD image.

notation 172.20.0.0/16 means 172.20.x.x and subnet mask 255.255.0.0. (if you look at mask in binary, 16 bits on the left are set, which is two octets).

3) read 1 and 2

• I followed these steps scrupulously. I use 172.21.1.1 and 255.255.0.0 (after the failed attempt of 172.20.1.1), called my interface "fsd kli" and selected Target Subnet on Reception filter. Here is the same image of the manual that I have (FSD V4.0 ) and nothing seems to change between your version and mine in terms of KLI variant setup.

Regarding the X47 setup, can I simply unplug my cable from the X66 and plug it in the X47 inside my KRC4 compact and remove the KLI interface that i created ? Is the fact that it is a compact and not a standard KRC4 an issue ?

I don't have any EK1100 and BECkHOFF IO modules with me so I know that i can't use the X65 interface.

• The X65 interface is to capture the ethercat io information on your DAS, as you don't have any you can disregard that part,

Id recommend trying to use the X47, I have never tried to setup using the X66/X67 as I have always needed them for other things such as Virtual pendant, file transfer or VarProxy control etc and FSD should be on its own dedicated network

Advertising from our partners