KUKA KRC2 communication error

• Hello,

I am trying to bring alive the old Kuka. The specification of the robot is: : #KR15 2 C2 FLR ZH02, KS V4.97HF1. There is a list of errors (attached) I am facing to. In addition it says to perform mastering axis from A1 to A6. In my opinion, these troubles are caused by loss of power for several years. My question is how to proceed further?

I have already checked connection cables (X31) visually - not damaged, but this does not have to mean anything. Also there is no LED on the RDW card according to which it could be recognized that the card is ok.

Thanks in advance

• Well, I turned power off, checked all fuses (OK), put them back, power on again and since then I have lost the hardware? configuration. For example in safety circuit there is white window instead of the hardw. confing that was here before. I cannot even switch between T1,2 modes...

• fuses could be inspected while system is powered up and without removal (just look for related LED indicators).

your system has low batteries. this means that there is no backup power for KPC to power down gracefully. in such condition, power off by means of a disconnect switch (while KPC is still booted) can lead to data loss and HDD corruption.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• The type of RDW card is 71-051-267

Definitely some data loss has occurred, is there any way to recover it? I don't know if it's called a hardware configuration, but it's definitely something like that should be stored in memory. Now the system does not know the safety circuit that was loaded to it several years ago...

• that is not type, that is an article number.

and according to internet, it is not a RDW card, it is an label from assembly - the metal box. RDW should have a different article number. also RDW should be inside that box. maybe it is removed... or replaced...

did you check if it is connected? you mention no LED on RDW so did you verify if 24VDC reaches it?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• According to pictures the robot has the RDW1 card. I have not checked the 24V yet. I will as soon as I deal with a more serious problem - get back the configuration of the driver. Well, for now thank you for your help.

Edit:

Well, after restarting the whole machine everything has booted normally (miracle!). You were right, when measuring the 24V of the x21-x31 cable I noticed that the connector has been plugged in incorrectly (on the x21 side). Thanks again, the robot is moving now in T1, T2 mode. There is only one error: 284 Accu-voltage at PM1 below 22 during last buffering. I suppose that it is something about weak (/empty) batteries.

Edited 3 times, last by dudlik ().

Advertising from our partners