RoboDK + SteamVR + Oculus Quest 2 + Virtual Desktop

• Hi

I am experimenting with Virtual Reality, I would like to be able to see our cell layouts that we made in RoboDK in my Oculus Quest 2 headset. The headset is connected to the PC via Virtual Desktop. Steam VR is running on the PC, it is working fine. I start RoboDK and tell it to connect to the headset. A window pops up on the PC, showing the view of the headset, and I can see it tracks the movements correctly. But within the headset itself, in SteamVR, it just stays at "Next: RoboDK", and I never get to see the virtual view. It doesnt matter how long I wait. Any clues what could be going on here? I have not tried Oculus Link, since that does not work with my computer for some reason. But Virtual Desktop seems to be working fine for other applications, so I assumed it would be here, too.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

/RoboticsMan

• I found the solution. RoboDK was apparently running on the wrong graphics card. I had the same problem in another program, but there I actually got a warning saying that the headset had to be running on the same graphicscard as the main monitor. In Windows it is possible to specify on an app-per-app basis what graphicscard it should be running on. Once I did that for RoboDK, it worked fine.

/RoboticsMan

• I'm not too familiar with the technical details, but if you're ever looking for some tips or troubleshooting advice, you might want to check out https://multitechverse.com/. They have some awesome resources on VR and software integration, including some articles on using RoboDK in VR.I'm new to this forum, but it's great to see people sharing their tech experiences and helping each other out. It's awesome that you were able to figure out the solution to your problem by specifying the graphics card for RoboDK. Technical issues can be frustrating, but it's always satisfying when you finally find the solution!

Advertising from our partners