Kuka KRC4 Automatic Archive Backup

• Hello guys,

I ve read the previous discussions, still they do not answer the question, what is the way to make Kuka KRC4 ( KSS 8.6.6 )to automatically store the backup in Archive file.

The Backup Manager does store automatic, but only project and kop files.

For my purpose to trigger the Archive Backup would be fine, but again Kukas function triggers BackupManager and stores the project. In BackupManager.exe i didnt find the required option.

I know that VKRC has an option to trigger Archive backup externally, any suggestion how to implement it on KRC (without payed pluggins "KukaAutomaticBackupTech":) )

Thanks for suggestions!

Edited once, last by Latoff ().

• Sorry , guys, can you please give me any advice? I guess it is quit common issue. Just short answer is there some native function of Kuka or how can it approximately done from KRL would be already great.

Thanks!

• Probably there is no KRL function. KRL primarily is interfacing to the real-time controller on VxWorks. Archive is handled by the UI on Windows side. Also I do not remember ever seeing a tool for automatically shedules archives.

Fubini

• Several years ago, I had an AutoIT script that would automate the Archive function for KSS 5.x, and later for KSS 8.x. It used the Windows Task Scheduler to execute periodically, and worked well. But at some point between KSS 8.2 and KSS 8.3 (probably at the change from WinXP to Win7), the Windows Task Scheduler quit working, even though the script still worked if executed manually. I never did manage to fix the Task Scheduler issue.

This code hasn't been tested in quite some time, and of course, as a homebrew tool, it's definitely something you use at your own risk. Newer KSS versions may have moved some of the menus around, so the simulated mouse motions may no longer be correct.

The script depends on the default Archive location having been set to D:\Backups\, and the wildcard for the file name needs to be adjusted on a case-by-case basis.

What are you trying to accomplish with this automated backup? If you only need to track program changes, you could make the C/KRC/R1 directory network-readable, and use a script on a remote computer to pull the programs periodically.

• Oh, man ,that looks massive)

I am just to trying to organise the staff with the backing up and version control. Yes, i consider as a backup option to copy the folder with the script from the network share, just as well it will require for each new station tune the ipadresses or a bit more handy if kuka pcs will push files to the server.

I have found your old post where it was about the use of "run C:\KRC\UTIL\KRCCONFIGURATOR\KrcConfigurator.exe", but it doesn't seem to be a something to call from cmd :thinking_face:

Ok, thanks everybody, for it was just to prove that i am not as dummy and didn't miss some "obvious settings" on kuka!)

• Oh, man ,that looks massive)

what do you mean? it is just a script, mere few lines...

if you download AutoIt3.x you can compile this into EXE so it is easier to deploy.

code can be shortened by making it more modular. for example replace lines 45-85 with

Code
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",10,27)   ; Presses the Main Menu button
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",74,157)  ; Presses the "Home" button
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",125,222) ; Presses the "File" button
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",294,262) ; Presses the "Archive" button
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",469,302) ; Presses the "Network" button
    TouchScreen("SmartHMI",463,222) ; Presses the "All" button

TouchScreen("SmartHMI",260,459) ; Presses the "Yes" Dialog button

and at the end add

Code
    Func TouchScreen($WindowName,$X,$Y)
        WinActivate($WindowName)    
        sleep(200)
        mousemove($X,$Y,0)
        MouseClick("Primary")
    EndFunc 

that will make it much shorter.

to use this in OfficeLite for example one would need to account for window position. so maybe something like this would do the trick:

Code
    Func TouchScreen($WindowName,$X,$Y)
        WinActivate($WindowName)    
        sleep(200)
        Local $WinPos = WinGetPos($WindowName) ; get window position
        Local $dX = $WinPos[0]+122 ; determine X offset for OL
        Local $dY = $WinPos[1]+34  ; determine Y offset for OL
        mousemove($X+dX,$Y+$dY,0)
        MouseClick("Primary")
    EndFunc 

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• C:\KRC\UTIL\KRCCONFIGURATOR\KrcConfigurator.exe is just a convenient front end to make some configuration changes. This does not create archive but, it can help modify what goes into archive...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• what do you mean? it is just a script, mere few lines...

if you download AutoIt3.x you can compile this into EXE so it is easier to deploy.

code can be shortened by making it more modular. for example replace lines 45-85 with

Ok, sure i am convinced, i ll try that way. Still more efforts then expected for such tiny purpose!)

Thanks guys for your advices!

Advertising from our partners