Creating a chm file (Compiled HTML Help file)

• I was working for kuka for a long time and I am trying to help as much as possible (which is very limitted).

My idea:

going thru all the (solved) threads creating a CMH file (that can be used offline) to summerize all the mentioned problems and solutions (sometimes not mentioned solutions) known so far.

Using of my external information will be only given by acceptance of the owner of the documents and acceptance by stuff members of this forum.

• @staff members:

there is also another idea:

post the chm file as zip file (password protected)

Everyone participated can get the password to recover the zip file to the chm file

"wir schlagen damit zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe"

(kill two birds with one stone)

What you are thinking about this idea?

PM <sorry for edit, just changed typo from 'stuff' to 'staff'>

• using ZIP should be fine. since this would be reference i think it would be also a good idea to create thread about it in the Manuals section. i would be happy to contribute if and where i can.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• sorry for the delay, but I am very busy at the moment. I hope by end of this weekend I can show a screen shot of one of the pages of the help file (for everyone).

Any recommendations on the size of the screens?

I personally like a fixed size where you have to scroll only vertically.

I am still trying figure out everything about KVGA's

Another idea is to add a tool directory with useful hardware like ide/sata to usb or software like a virtual machine (vmware) as diagnostics pc.

After the agreement of the staff members the help file will be posted at the manual section as public zip file (without password protection)

At the moment my brain cell is much faster than my keyboard - so, any ideas from you sooner - from my side later.

C’est_la_vie (like the greek say)

• Looks good to me.

I would suggest a future section/list for engineering software, from third parties an from KUKA itself.

E.G.: Phoenix Contact CMD, MULTIPROG, Ethernet/IP Configurator and WorkVisual, of course.

• massula

I did not work too much with Workvisual - so others need to help me

For me a virtual machine called "diagnostics pc" helped me to solve a lot of problems

(and found a lot problems which could have been not solved by not using this type of machine)

What would you like to know about Multiprog?

I worked with 'soft plc' from the very very beginning (ProConOS, Codesys and I did not like WinAC to much)

I also started to gamble with the internet bus (one guy told me that I was actually the person who brougth IBS to the usa), so ibs cmd should not be a big problem

Another topic would be imaging hard disks (hardware tools and software tools)

Also kuka log viewer would be interesting

So I have a lot of ideas and hopefully with the help of "helping people" we can come to a good result

• looks great...

i used LogViewer quite often. i used to have bunch of different ones, each configured to use files from a different KSS. Newer LogViewer version is needed on computers with recent Windows. They still work with older messages and archives. for example one can use LogViewer from KSS8.3 or 8.5 with messages and archives from robots much older.

not long ago i took LogViewer 8.7.1.1 from a robot that had KSS8.6 installed. As expected this version has some welcome improvements, for example one app with separate folders for messages from different KSS versions, better filters (blacklist/whitelist), there are additional tabs with shortcuts to some logs etc. startup page shows summary and screenshot (if found), font size can be changed. Time and date columns are snapping to side so it is the width of message column that changes when window is resized. Also column order is not fixed any more, one can finally reorder them when needed - i do this sometimes since there is still no grid or lines alternating colors, etc.

not sure why font size setting is placed there but i am happy that it exists, here testing with some really large font:

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• panic mode

I do not have access to kuka xpert (private person):

Can this log viewer be catched by kuka xpert or do you need to have the KSS version?

For all others:

The kuka log viewer is only for *.evt files (exception this introduced version - has more features).

It will not work for KSS version running under win95 (here kukalog.mdb)

Earlier version of the kuka log viewer (like KSS V5.2 will give you wrong dates - 01.01.1601)

In this case you should get at least a version of KSS V8.3

• i was always just getting if from D:\ of the robot or from ImageD.wim

private person can also have Xpert account, just sign in using email that is not one of common web-mails (gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc.). they screen those out but.. their filter is not that bulletproof :winking_face:

3) read 1 and 2

• massula

I did not work too much with Workvisual - so others need to help me

MOM, I think I can help with WorkVisual and CMD softwares, for example.

Regarding MULTIPROG, I didn't worked with it so much, but I don't have any specific doubt at the moment.

I think these topics about software would start with very simple issues.

For example:

Should one install WorkVisual double-clicking on setup.exe file, or in WorkVisualSetup.msi file?

This is a pretty simple question, and the answer is at WoV manual first pages. But since few people out there really pay attention on this kind of detail, I know some cases with machines stopped by a couple of hours because no one near had a proper working installation of WorkVisual.

Another example:

Can I use any version of MULTIPROG with KUKA robots, or should I use the specific ones provided by KUKA?

Again, I know the answer, but also saw some cases where people obtained MULTIPROG from somewhere else, installed it, and expended some time until they figured out that their version was missing KUKA specific libraries.

Advertising from our partners