Creating a chm file (Compiled HTML Help file)

• I was actually trying to get all the different version of multiprog together. It is a bit of boring.

For the very first time this package was called KMAx

After that changed the name to AddOns

Then ProConOS

Then KUKA.PLC MultiProg

Finally they seperated ProConOS and Multiprog

At the moment I am putting the table together to get a brief overview

• KUKA has offered a SoftPLC option for a while. Really, it's a 4rd-party SoftPLC that KUKA integrates into the KRC. I haven't used it since the KRC1A, but it was useful back then to handle I/O and operations that needed something faster than 12ms.

• @SkyFire

then you had probably a KMAx version with MultiProg V2.11

At the moment I am putting my stuff together to present my first version of the help file to the staff members of this forum.

Items I want to cover:

- Introduction

--what is a soft(-ware) plc?

- Advantages

-- Communication between robot control (i/o) without additional hardware

-- soft plc send messages directly to KCP

In a addition to that:

- using a virtual machine (vmware) for diagnostics

-- Logviewer (at the moment comparison between V8.3 and 8.7)

- developement

-- had vm with MultiProg and another vm with OL to do developement

(I am using the soft plc starting from MultiProg V2.11 all the way up to MultiProg V5.35)

As I mentioned earlier I will zip the help file (password protected - staff send me a PM to get the PW)

After your agreement the zip file without PM will be published at the manual forum

• @SkyFire

then you had probably a KMAx version with MultiProg V2.11

Don't recall version numbers exactly. But in fact there were two different competing products -- ProconOS (with Multiprog as the editor) and CodeSys. I used both for a while circa 2003-6, but not since.

(oddly enough, CodeSys came back into my life a few months ago, but as a standalone PC-based PLC instead of a KUKA module. I actually rather like it.)

• Right now you will find CodeSys in TwinCAT and ProConos in PC Worx.

I also have worked with both (CodeSys as Standalone and as KUKA module) and ProConOS.

I had to deal with WinAC but never programmed

Advertising from our partners