Prog Select menu missing

• I'm setting up an ArcMate 120iB with an R-J3iB controller (ArcTool V6.40). I was going to set my program select mode to "other," but I can't find the program select menu (it should be under menu>setup). Is there some variable that hides the menu, or am I limited to RSR/PNS for starting the robot?

• Nope, unfortunately. I do have a menu called "RSR/PNS" that will only let me toggle between PNS and RSR (no "style" or "other"). I'm able to send a start signal from my PLC but it will start whatever program is currently selected on the pendant; I want the start signal to only start one specific program. If there's another way other than "other" to do that, I'd like to know.

• No possible in R-J3iB, change the controller to R-30iA, which is the first with the Prog select functionality :winking_face:

Choose PNS or RSR (knowing the difference, depending on your needs) and then use UI9-16 which chooses the program you need and finally start it. It won't start whatever program currently selected, but the one you've selected with PNS/RSR. The only thing is you need to name your program starting with PNSxxxx or RSRxxxx, where xxxx are digits corresponding to UIs and $SHELL_CFG.$JOB_BASE.

• And the only one program to start -> you need to block from PLC side - just block using other outputs corresponding to robot UIs. Or don't configure it from robot side - configure only one UI that you need and other programs will be blocked :smiling_face:

No possible in R-J3iB, change the controller to R-30iA, which is the first with the Prog select functionality

Are you sure about this? I set up a 6.4 robot in roboguide and it has the program select menu. Also the pendant help file talks about setting up "other." Lastly, I set $SHELL_CFG.$SHELL_EXT to TRUE and now "other" is showing up as an option on the PNS/RSR menu - but I haven't been able to get the program to start with the PLC.

• Are you sure about this? I set up a 6.4 robot in roboguide and it has the program select menu. Also the pendant help file talks about setting up "other." Lastly, I set $SHELL_CFG.$SHELL_EXT to TRUE and now "other" is showing up as an option on the PNS/RSR menu - but I haven't been able to get the program to start with the PLC.

To be honest I've never tested in 6.4 - the newest version in my R-J3iB robot is 6.3x, so there was no possibility fo other.

As I said before - just use one PNS0001 or RSR0001 (depends on your needs) and that's all.

Advertising from our partners