Connection between Fronius Tpsi 400 and Yaskawa YRC1000

• Hey Guys,

im trying to connect the Yaskawa YRC1000 with a Fronius welding system. Im using the Fronius RI IO/i and the "green input" from Yaskawa. Im not really good involved in this welding topic, so i dont understand how i should connect the Fronius and the Yaskawa system. For example i need welding start / wire feed speed + / - options. How should i know where i have to place the wires from the Fronius in the Yaskawa to get this functions?

Thanks42Hqs8d

• massula

Approved the thread.
  • Some of signals are digital signals same as start welding and some are analog same as wire speed.

For use digital signals, you can connect signals according to input/output status of signals to YRC controller.

For example, the start welding signal in the ROI must connect to one of robot external outputs, when you turn on its output the welding will start, the robot ready is output signal from robot to ROI too.

The power source ready need to connect robot input to show status of power source in the robot.

For wire speed you need analog output from 0 to 10 volt.

• Some of signals are digital signals same as start welding and some are analog same as wire speed.

For use digital signals, you can connect signals according to input/output status of signals to YRC controller.

For example, the start welding signal in the ROI must connect to one of robot external outputs, when you turn on its output the welding will start, the robot ready is output signal from robot to ROI too.

The power source ready need to connect robot input to show status of power source in the robot.

For wire speed you need analog output from 0 to 10 volt.

Thanks for your answer. I understand the part with the input/output signals but still ask myself how i can know, which inputs and outputs i should use for my purposes. This is a exaple for my controller and arc welding. Do u have any idea? Thank you

YpXYdBh

do i even have the right picture?

• You can use address from #30030 to #30037 or #30040 to #30040.

For example you will start welding, you need connect it to one of robot outputs, it is better to use relay for it.

Connect robot output to the relay coil, use normally open contact on the relay, see in the power source manual, i think start welding need a 24 volt signal for start, you must connect 24 volt signal to one of relay contact and connect other contact to start welding pin in the ROI unit.

Check in the ROI manual maybe unit have 24 volt power, if it don't have , use external power supply.

Example you connect welding start to #30030, you can use DOUT instruction in your robot job for start welding.

DOUT #(1) ON // start welding

DOUT #(1) OFF // stop welding

I hope it can help you.

Advertising from our partners