Integer or Double data type over profibus or profinet

• Hello, I want to shift a certain point with values received from another device(keyence camera that identifies how much the position is offset from the target on X and Y), my controller is a XRC and i dont know how to transfer these values, profinet or profibus? does the XRC controller support profinet or what kind of data i can exchange between the camera controller and the robot or i can put a PLC in between. Thank you in advance.

• The XRC controller is very old model of Yaskawa and there aren't any support and spare part and board for it, i think you couldn't connect your camera to it, also there aren't Ethernet port on it for this work.

• Thanks, i was reading a manual of the data transmission function, this would require a pc to be used in the process. i have 0 experience about vision function and my general ideea was <data exchange between camera and robot - mainly variables > , <use the data in the variables to shift a certain point in 2D>. seems to be a good ideea to start reading about the vision fucntion.

• you can connect Cognex, Omron and Keynce camera to controller via Ethernet and vision function.

The data can come in variables that you define in the robot and you can use variables contain value of camera in your robot jobs.

Advertising from our partners