UPGRADE KRC2 Software V4.1.7 to Software V5.4.14

• Hello,

I try to upgrade a KRC2 Edition (not ED05 control cabinet)

what i did first :

1- Upgraded motherboard CELERON 466Mhz from 128 Mo RAM to 256 Mo (minimum to start with this kind of software)

2- Installed new hard disk clone from a KRC2 ED05 with software V5.4.14

3-Installed file KRC2.BIN from old install CD software v4.1.7 in the folder KRC\ROBOTER\ DSE from the hard drive.

After booting Windows XP and the software v5.4.14 loaded successfully but i have still some issues :

Error Code 55 - DSE Initialization

Error Code 244- Software version not correct DSE1

Error Code 310 – Safety Circuit for drives not ready

I used diagnostic function to check status from the MFC2/ DSE :

MFC2 (V4) ISA port recognized and green status

DSE IBS C32 60MHZ KRC2 SW version 1.0 SW revision 0 recognized and green status

RDW2 recognized and green status. (i uploaded succesfully datas from the RDW2 to the hard disk also)

When i inspected inside the control cabinet all green LEDs were blinking normally on the KPS and on all KSD .

So i think that i don t have the right DSE (i saw in previous post that DSE C32 3.02 is working on MFC2 without hardware changes or change for a DSE C33 on MFC2 but with hardware changes on X11 and ESC card.

What do you think about that?

Thanks in advance.

• you also do not have the correct main board (must be at least a 733 MHz from Soyo).

Internal kuka documentation says: not supperted but maybe possible.

On the other hand KSS V4.1 is using Win95 as OS, KSS V5.x is using WinXPe as OS => maybe license problem as well (unless you habe bought KSS V5.x officially).

• thanks for your help MOM

Yes i know for the motherboard but some guys tried it with old motherboard and at least 256 Mo RAM and it works.

It is only to do a test on one prototype.

If it works i will purchase a license WinXPe for sure or by KSS.

The real problem for me is the conveyor tracking v1.0 which is using a LP CAN board with KSSV4.1

From the beginning we ve got several problems every two hours :

a big trajectory offset between the tools. so every time collision...

In our process we need to synchronize and desynchronize conveyor for each tool because the distance beetween two tools are never the same .(cannot apply a constant offset value to the base,or maybe can be calculated if we use the both inputs canals from LP CAN board to mesure this offset value but very restrictive ans not so much time to develop..)

KUKA helped us with on-site technical assistance also but without success . They advised us to upgrade.

Anyway we have three robots with this kind of application and same issues have been detected also.

The key is the LP CAN board for me.

So i would like to upgrade to KSS V5 because it is more stable and mostly it is a real 7th axis linked to rdw2 !

On KSS V4 ,conveyor tracking option is only available with this LP CAN board...

• wow, look at that condition... clearly this unit has seen better days.

is this the actual unit or just picture found on internet?

perhaps found by magnet fishing in some bog? :winking_face:

jokes aside, can you confirm that communication with device is not lost? (lost power etc.)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners