RDC & RDC2

• no ...

There are more differences, some rather significant:

Different types of screws required, (mix of plastic and metal for RDC)

different endurance of flash memory, (flash used in RDC is dead.,,, this alone disqualifies RDC for anything but a museum display)

different matching of SIN/COS offset for each axis etc. (in RDC this is manual)

etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• yes they are compatible. some 5-8 years ago there was a big wave of swapping every RDC with RDC2 as the ancient flash memory reached wear limit. you want to do it in reverse. if you don't mind mastering robot after every boot. and if you somehow found the RDC with flash memory that did not fail yet, you can expect it to fail shortly. also watch for the screw types so you don't fry things... and make sure to get good handle of DSE-RDW tool... read instructions on adjusting offset. and good luck...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have replaced RDC with RDC2,

1. Is there any way to prevent losing robot master after every boot?

2. In DSE-RDW tool in OFFSET AND SYMMETRY window about this : " move 6 motor revolutions . move 3 in one way and 3 back at best"

does anybody any idea how i should move the robot axes?(how much and which direction)

for moving robot axes i must minimize the window. is it ok?

thanks for any help

• 1. yes, make sure batteries are ok, battery circuit is ok and RDC is ok (not worn out flash memory)

2. read the message. it clearly states that axis should be moved N motor revolutions. this is not axis degrees, it is motor revolutions. check gearing ratio for particular axis and take into account that one revolution is 360 deg. that will help you figure out how much axis need to be moved in degrees. as for directions... read the message.

3x360deg = 1080deg (motor rotation)

MADA usually has axes with ratio of 100:1 or greater.

1080deg (motor) / (100:1) = 10.8 deg (axis)

so in this example just jog axis a bit one way and back at least 10-20 deg.

3) read 1 and 2

• I have a working kr125/3 with RDC1

and krc2/kss 5.6.12 cabinet.

Can backup rdc flash memory before fails

so after failure to solder a new same type flash chip and write the stored backup?

Also if replace rdc of a krc2ed05 robot

with rdc from a krc2 robot will work?

I know that installing to krc1 robot krc2 rdc works because it is upgrade but the opposite works(put krc2 robot rdc to krc2ed05 robot)?

Advertising from our partners