Changing the Jog Speed Programmatically

• I have a robot working with a KUKA 3-axis rotary weld table. I've managed to program the 2nd and 3rd axis on the rotary table to do uncoordinated motion when facing the operator such that the operator can hit a jog +/- button to adjust their table to make loading/unloading easier. I've done this via use of:

• $ASYNC_AXIS - Sets either E2 or E3 as asynchronous for the duration of the current program
    • $ASYNC_AX#_P - Jog the asynchronous axis positive
    • $ASYNC_AX#_M - Jog the asynchronous axis negative
    • $ZUST_ASYNC - Enable jogging of the asynchronous axis

My problem now is with the velocity of the async, uncoordinated axis. The velocity refers to the jog velocity on the teach pendant (0-100%). Is there a variable that can modify this velocity, as $OV_PRO modifies the run velocity?

If not, is there perhaps a way to force the jog velocity to 100% on boot-up?

KR 16 L6

KRC4 Extended

KSS 8.3.14

• $OV_JOG and $OV_PRO are default variables for speed override as that is what user would change from smartPad using keys or sliders. those are used all the time.

but speed control for external axes can be controlled by different variables depending on setup.

in either case one can refer to key manuals (system variables, kinematics and integrator manual). sometimes things are more obscure and brute force approach using GREP tool (like AgentRansack) on a bunch of manuals is the only way to proceed.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners