KUKA KRC1 X20 X30 DIAGRAM

• Hello guys

I'm testing a KUKA KR 200/4 and a KUKA VKR 150/1 with KRC1 cabinet and only one X20 cable. Only the axis A1, A2 and A3 can move, A4, A5 and A6 cant. I noticed that the last 3 parts of the cable only have 3 pins (for A4, A5 and A6 axis, the first 3 parts has 5 pins, for A1, A2 and A3), I believe that right count would be 5 pins (UVW, and + - from the coil). Does one of you guys have the electrical diagram of this cable X20 for KRC1? I did not found on the manual. I'm probably using the wrong cable here, this is why I cant move A4, A5 and A6. On the robots base, there are 5 male pins on each part.

• Hello SkyeFire thank you for your answer, but there's still no brake on A4, A5 and A6. This is probably the diagram for the wrong cable that I'm using here, I'm sorry if I did not made it clear on the last topic, but I'm trying to find the diagram for the right X20 cable, that I should be using, the one with the 5 pins on each part, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6.

Thank you once again.

• It's the only diagram I was able to find for a KRC1 X20. I do find it odd that there are no brake wires for A4-6, but the labelling on the other wires (Brake A1-6) suggests that the brakes are somehow being opened in groups? OTOH, A1 seems to have its own individual brake, just going by the wire names, so... ?

When you say that A4-6 can't move, do they simply not move at all? Or do they fight the brakes and torque out?

Searching for the X30 (robot end) details seems to have turned up a bit more fruit, although the details looks mostly the same. Of course, it differs by robot model. I don't seem to have any for a KR200, but the KR150 is in this file.

• in general, it is quite common with some generations of KUKA robots that some brakes are grouped together. hence not every axis gets dedicated brake circuit.

for example

in case of some newer robots (Agilus) it is A1+A2+A3 and A4+A5+A6.

in older robots brake circuit grouping could be A1+A4, A2+A5, A3+A6.

this means that it is possible to use larger contacts for main axes (A1,A2,A3) since the brake contacts are elsewhere... with the motor circuits for wrist axes (lower ampacity).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• ...and they say what? there has to be some message...

did you check continuity of brake circuit in the robot?

unplug X30 from the robot and set it aside. then probe brake circuits at the robot X30 (not on the cable you just removed). then disconnect power cable from motors A1..A3 but leave A4..A6 connected. you should still see continuity... until those motors are disconnected as well...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• tsk tsk....no KSS message number?

i suggest reading pined topic READ FIRST.

it sounds like brakes are not released or A4-A6 are not wired correctly or something is wrong with PM600.

3) read 1 and 2

• how can we know what robot and what cable you use? you can collect article and serial numbers and ask KUKA.

btw. cable should be 1:1, without internal jumpers.

jumpers should be at the robot side.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners