i have a arcmate 100 fanuc robot that was stuck in boot menu i did a cold start but now the programs are gone is there a way to retrieve them no disc that i am aware of thanks for any help

• i have a arcmate 100 fanuc robot that was stuck in boot menu i did a cold start but now the programs are gone is there a way to retrieve them no disc that i am aware of thanks for any help

• well i am not sure if i did that how can i know thanks i am very new at this..

if there is a back up would it be in the robot or would it bea floppy ? thanks.

• Was it running beforehand, what's it's history? The more background information you can provide the better. At this point we're just grasping at straws.

How long have you had it?

How did you aquire it?

Did it work for you in the past or ever?

There's lots of people here willing to help, you just need to share your information.

• Like pdl says, the more information given, the easier to attract and get help. Something you will quickly learn as you gain experience.

Additional questions to pdl's:

Did you only do the Cold Start from the boot monitor (BMON) menu?

Did you also do an Init Start at the boot monitor?

Do you have any backups related to the robot?

• we have had this running for many years but 3 years ago the parts we were doing for them. Company decided to hold off on them. So. It sat for 3 years till last week when that company called for us to start up production on those parts

Yes I only did a boot start at the boot menu. But not sure if I went to the initial start 🤔 it would not go pass the boot menu so I did a cold start and now the all the programs. Are gone also have a servovbazl 062 fault 😕

• If it sat for 3 years then most likely all the batteries are dead. To recover you will need to restore a backup. If you don't have one then there is no way to recover them. If you don't have backups or software then you no longer have a robot, you now have a large brick.

• After changing the batteries (with power on) and properly remastering/calibrating the robot, does the robot jog?

If only the programs are gone, you may be lucky some programs if someone made copies to the flash ROM. Check by going to File menu, F5 [Util], and change device to FR. If data and variables are missing and there is no corruption of the software, then like HawkME says, restoring a backup if you have one is your best bet.

• thanks for your input can I go to the file menu and check change it to. fr like you said. Scooter. If they are there can I reprogram the robot after I change the batteries with power on and after mastering which I would need help on(

After all that... can reprogramming the robot for this job be obtained? Thanks. I will let you know after I change the batteries if the robot moves

• If the programs were missing as stated in the title of this thread, then it shouldn't ask to 'Overwrite', 'Skip', 'Cancel'. I would hit 'Cancel' so you don't overwrite anything with an older version.

Do a directory of the FR and post a screen shot.

Are you missing a particular program or all programs?

Post a screen shot of the 'Select' menu too.

Advertising from our partners