Office lite

• I haven't used office lite, so it's a bit of an odd question really.

What do you guys use it for and what use does it have for you?

I can understand maybe training to teach the interface, but beyond that without a manipulator attached to the control, what do you use it for?

• i work from home which is far far away from the office. have not been there in a year and don't have access to robots. but i am the one that does most of the development for anything robot related...

One can test few things using WoV alone (without OL) but options here are very limited and crude.

so i use OL primarily to test code before sending it to colleagues. that includes any work related to EthernetKRL, UserTech, CWRITE, integration of menus and much more. it also allows me to test bundling of files with WoV projects, taking screenshots for documentation (work instructions, manuals). i have my own libraries to manipulate all kinds of things. most of the KRL code is created using Notepad++ (95% ) but... i cannot just write it, say it looks pretty good and should work and send it. i need to test it myself as others will not know what to do with it if there is a problem and it would be very slow and inefficient to fix things remotely. bundling things with WoV project makes things so much better. not only deployment but also troubleshooting etc. specially when UserTech is present.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I prepared me a diagnostics pc with all tools needed and useful for me. the machine has two network cards so I am able to access windows and base system side. On kr c4 i enabled remote telnet access so just connect the virtual machine to the network and using kitty to get access to the base system.

Long time ago I also used them with proconos and multiprog. You can do a lot of developement or testing sitting in the evenings in the hotel room

• Thanks, that's pretty interesting to know, I didn't really think of using office lite, so I ended up getting a little kr3 for my office to play with before trying it out on the bigger ones.

Im still learning the complexity and power of the KUKA systems, I mainly approached it to start with from a cnc and gcode point of view, but now iv started delving into the likes of ProConOs and multiprog its very interesting, KRL is more a programming language unlike the dumb set of instructions of gcode I'm used too.

Iv got some training coming up with one of the KUKA guys to teach me more about kuka.cnc and multiprog integration so that will be interesting and heavy going I'm sure.

• There are even more advantages. Sometimes you should have different versions of one program.

I had Multiprog wt in versions 2.11, 3.3, 3.5, 4.71 and 5.35

If you have a customer using MWT 2.11 and you make changes to the plc program with MWT 3.3 your customer will not be very happy (he will not be able to read plc code anymore)

Advertising from our partners