KUKA ROBOT WORKVISUAL NEED OR NO

• Dear Friends,

I am going to start up KR 10 R900-2 robot that is controlled S7 1200 PLC over a fieldbus of Profinet. I am not familiar with it so it is my question;

Do i need use workvisual software for the comissioning ? May i do all configuration from smart pad?

Thanks

Ars

• Friends,

It is clear now. I just need wait the robot reaches me then i will have a CD which has *.COP files for profinet configuration in WoV.

Thanks for your supports i am appreciated.

• Will the robot come with ProfiNet pre-installed?

If not, you will need to install it on the robot first, before importing the robot's active project into WV.

Installing the KOP into WV is not required, but is convenient and generally considered to be the best practice. You should also create a specific profile under Extras>Option Package Management. This makes it possible to keep different versions of the same KOPs from overwriting each other. So, you could have a profile for your robot running (for example) SafeOperation 3.2, and a different profile for a robot running SafeOperation 3.3. Otherwise, WV will always throw warnings when you open a robot project.

• Friends,

I am waiting the Robot, i will consider what you offer. During comissioning i am sure that i may have some support as well in that time.

Thanks in advance for your valuable supports.

• Backup the whole system before you mess with it!

You can thank me later.

This. Upon first powerup, the very first thing you do should be to take a full backup image of the hard drive. Hopefully, whomever ordered this robot ordered a KSR stick to go with it.

If the robot does not come with a KSR stick, then at minimum, perform a full Archive backup on first power-up, then start bugging whomever ordered the robot to buy a KSR stick. It will pay for itself 10x over the first time you have a serious file corruption.

Advertising from our partners