-KRC4
    siemens 1200
    -KSS 8.6.4
    CM 1242 slave
    Beckhoff El6731 mastertia portal v16
    etherCAT
    workvisual 6

Hello :grinning_squinting_face:

i have been trying to configure the profibus comunication between the robot and the PLC for days...

my knoledge is basic, by the moment i´m forming (reading the kuka manuals, watching videotutorials,...).

i have made the next configurations.

robot:

-install the GSD of the CM 1242 Slave on workvisual.

-add to ethercat coupler the EL 6731 master.

-To the EL 6731 master add the GSD of the CM 1242 slave.

-configure the first slot of the slave as "output byte".

- mapping the robto output with slave output.

- make sure the slave adress

Tia portal

-add to the project the 1200 PLC and CM 1242-5 slave.

- insert a virtual master (if this master doesn´t exist i cant upload the proyect to the slave PLC).

- set the profibus adress to cm 1242-5 (same address as in the workvisual).

- create the transfer area.

i think that with this configurations should work at least the comunication... but no.:icon_frown:

the robot show me a error of comunication, in the PLC switch on the led of STOP and ERROR, and in the CM 1242-5 the led DIAG is switch off and the led RUN/STOP is in ambar. :sadsmiley:

The diagnosis of PLC show me.

existing module.

faulty.

led error(SF).

Does anyone know if I'm doing it right?

• cris_alej_p

Changed the title of the thread from “profibus comunication between Robot kuka (master) and semens 1200 PLC” to “profibus comunication between Robot kuka (master) and siemens 1200 PLC”.
  • Pick hardware and make sure it is compatible with intended bus setup and intended role.

Wire it up and make sure this is correct, including termination.

Select role of each nodes. One must be master, all other must be slaves.

Master must have entire bus configuration that matches setup of each slave.

Then map I/Os

Deploy and activate projects.

So ..which part exactly you have a problem with?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello panic mode

Thanks for your response

I have WorkVisual 3.1 and controller KRC 8.2.20 with EK1100 Ethercat coupler and EL6731 Profibus DP Master

i want to connect communication between the robot to siemens S7-1200 PLC

on the side of the PLC i have:

S7-1212 DC/DC/DC

CM 1242-5 Profibus DP slave

I connected the the robot to the PLC and I entered all the settings

But I get 3 alert messages on the robot

1. SYS-X44_PB-Master1 : Profibus master error in module (addr.=2- CM 1242-5) (error code : 7-config fault)

2. Error on writing , driver :SYS-X44_PB-Master1

3. Error on reading , driver :SYS-X44_PB-Master1

I would happy to get advice from you on how to resolve the issue

• i repeat

which part exactly you have a problem with?

I know you WANT it to work but what have you really done to get there... And how?

So first step first .. are you sure that hardware you are using is compatible with what you want to do? For example is the PLC really capable of working as a DP slave? And if so, what is the configuration on both ends? What is the wiring?

The point is to do one step and do it 100% so there is no reason to look back.

How sure you are that things you have done are 100% correct?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I have problem with the EL6731 Profibus DP Master the red LED blinking

And I get on the TP of the robot 3 alert messages

1. SYS-X44_PB-Master1 : Profibus master error in module (addr.=2- CM 1242-5) (error code : 7-config fault)

2. Error on writing , driver :SYS-X44_PB-Master1

3. Error on reading , driver :SYS-X44_PB-Master1

I think the hardware is fine

to the PLC I added a card CM 1242-5 Profibus DP slave and Inside the PLC I defined to slave connection

on the robot i have EL6731 Profibus DP Master

on the WorkVisual i defined the I/O with the same number of byte like in the PLC

• You are asking for help but choosing to not answer questions so i am done here. In general devices are much less capable at guessing or interpreting what is wrong so good luck.

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok I will check the settings again in the PLC

You know how to define the PLC ?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong

Nobody can tell you what you are doing wrong, if you don't show what you have done. Show at least screenshots of the configuration on both sides (WoV and plc). Or provide project files.

• You still did not read responses and answer questions. You still dis not show wiring or configuration or robot side io mapping... .

Btw your IO size in WoV is 32 bytes, not 1 byte like you claimed.

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes I know both the robot and the PLC I use with 32 bytes

You can see in the pictures I have attached

Anyway I'll check the settings again tomorrow

Thank you very much for your reply

• By the way, it's unreasonable to upload zipped images. You should resize them and upload as images. Sometimes I don't want to do extra work like downloading, unzipping attachments, that also could have been uploaded unzipped and be visible without any extra work. You can upload up to 5 images, if you have more, do it in two or more parts.

Advertising from our partners