CIB safe module (SION-CIB) error at input 6&7

• CIB = Cabinet Interface Board...

that is the larger one of the two boards that make the CCU.

the SION node there is handling only three signals:

Mastering reference switch (JR).

External enabling switch (ZSE1/ZSE2).

smartPad connected (BGG)

Other inputs are part of SION-SIB boards...

unfortunately those input numbers are not well documented but if the input numbers correspond to list (starting with index 0) then 6 and 7 would be the enabling switch... on CIB, this is connector X311. This is either wired to X11 if that is safety interface, or it is bypassed when safety interface is one of the safety networks...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello,

sorry to continue the obsolete thread because i came across the exact same problem but at different Input number.

System is KUKA KRC4 with KR30HA.

CIB Safe module (SION-CIB) error at input 15.

Need guide about input 15. Any manual that can be consulted for the details.

Regards.

• to my knowledge accessing message details requires paid Xpert subscription. in free version there is no public info on message but who knows, things change and i am not infallible.

message is complaining about safety input. safety inputs are redundant so most likely there is discrepancy between two channels. in other word, check the wiring using schematics of your system.

CIB and CIB-SR are not the same product and their SION-CIB inputs are not the same either.

CIB-SR is meant for compact controllers so its SION-CIB also has additional inputs that are normally found on SION-SIB (used for X11) but - that is not your case... you have regular CIB. and as mentioned before there are only three redundant inputs.

now that i think of it, there is also an input for monitoring of optional safety relays. so check your safety configuration as well.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners