Kuka with Fronius Beckhoff module setup

• Hi everyone,

I am fighting a welding setup - KRC2 ed05 KSS 5.6.9 and Fronius Transpulse 4000.

It is all working fine but i need to add 16 digital in and outs.

I want to use the Beckhoff module with the 6021 RS 485 and to add there these inputs and outputs.

I have troubles with devicenet config. Here are my settings:

; Fronius IO

INB0=20, 0, X12

OUTB0=20, 0, X12

; addon 16 IO

INB20=20, 0, X2

OUTB20, 0, X2

No errors registered, but the modules are not working - i tried bot in and outs.

The modules are working fine without the RS485 module

Any advise where to look?

• what are the modules, and what is the order... are they all with same bus coupler?

why are you mapping same IO bytes that are already mapped to 6021 ?

did you try simply

; Fronius IO and digital IO

INB0=20, 0, X14

OUTB0=20, 0, X14

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Post your actual IOSYS.INI, and your DEVNET.INI.

Your "addon" section is simply re-mapping some of the Fronius I/O to INB/OUTB 20. What MAC ID did you assign to the new I/O module?

• i have integrated several Fronius welders that use this module and DeviceNet coupler, both with KRC2 and KRC4. there is no driver setup etc.

it may be listed under "EtherCat IO" on Bechhoff website but EL6021 is an RS422/RS485 module and like other modules it does not know anything about EtherCat or DeviceNet or any other bus - that job belongs to the bus coupler. modules talk to the bus coupler over backplane. ("gold fingers")

https://www.beckhoff.com/en-us…communication/el6021.html

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• thank you!

That solved it!

I was using an example from an old thread, didnt think that i can just distribute the bytes in one line.

Actually this:

INB0=20, 0, X14

OUTB0=20, 0, X14

didn't work, gave me error in devicenet driver

But

INB0=20, 0, X13

OUTB0=20, 0, X13

Worked as i used 8 in and 8 outs not 16 (module is not here yet)

To be precise, outputs work fine inputs didnt for some reason - i feed 24v to the input 1 and it didnt blink ... i suppose it might be about the length of the outputs shared from the Fronius - the RS485 module. May be they need more than 96 bytes?

Will give it a try tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks again to everyone, specifically to Mr Mode - i am dreaming to be able to buy him a beer or two somewhere in the UK or EU :winking_face:

May be they need more than 96 bytes?

size of the I/O blocks does vary with welder configuration. I guess the RS485 interface is used to parametrize that by the welder. from what i recall it is usually in the range of 16-26 bytes for inputs and outputs, though size for input and outputs is not necessarily same. never seen setup using 96 bytes, this is probably too large for conventional setup...

i am dreaming to be able to buy him a beer or two somewhere in the UK or EU :winking_face:

one or two? and let the poor girl struggle?

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners