Ethernet I/O set up

• Hello Experts,

I have been struggling for a few days with setting up Ethernet/IP communication with the PLC. Using m20id Fanuc robot.

Has anyone seen this process through completely? I've called tech support multiple times. I've watched videos on how to set up EIP through the robot, Purchased a PAC code, Downloaded an EDS file for the PLC programmer to use, and cannot think of anything else to do. The PLC programmer has checked his end multiple times as well. I am at my wits end with this issue.

Thanks,

VC

• Yes, its done all the time. There are examples on the forum you can search for. Why don't you start by posting screenshots of the setup on both the teach pendant and PLC.

Are you using an Allen Bradley plc?

• Yes, please post details of your setup. The robot should be an adapter. It is easiest to setup the robot from the PLC side as a generic CIP adapter. Just set your assembly instances as directed in the manual and you should be good to go.

Please post pictures of:

Robot:

Ethernet/IP connections page

Detail of adapter connection to PLC

PLC:

Generic CIP Module setup

To many pictures are better than too few. This is actually pretty simple if you get help from someone who has done it before. You'll likely get better help from here than Fanuc or AB alone.

Advertising from our partners