Payload Prompt upon Powerup

• I have an R30iB collaborative robot which is working fine except after a powerup on the robot it prompts to confirm the payload settings. Is this normal or a setting that needs to be configured somewhere. I am not actually using the collaborative portion on the robot, although I am using the DCS cartesian point check inside the cell.

• Yes, I set the payload during setup of the robot. This robot has been running and everything has been fine. The robot panel got powered down for some reason and upon power up , it prompted to confirm payload. I confirmed it and the robot is back to running. Just wondering why the payload needed to be confirmed again after a power down and power up condition.

• Is this a CR (green), or CRX (white with green trim) robot? I can't speak to the CR series, but the CRX requires a confirmation on every boot. As I recall, the prompt is something like "confirm the robot is not touching anything." Then it uses the internal axis torque sensors to determine the payload mass and CG. It's part of the Collaborative DCS, and as such cannot be skipped or bypassed.

• CRX-10iA on every boot ask to confirm payload

Default Code is (1111)

I found the settings for this tool. After entering the load confirmation code, the robot worked normally. Realistically, that protruding TCP and weight of 0 kg could not be felt in the work.

For the welding torch holder I installed, I tried the procedure for automatic measurement and determination of TCP. Although the value for the Z axis is negative (perhaps due to the welding torch cable), working with this chosen tool was flexible and pleasant when determining the welding points.

Please don't judge by tool look, robots weld it's much better!

• For the welding torch holder I installed, I tried the procedure for automatic measurement and determination of TCP. Although the value for the Z axis is negative (perhaps due to the welding torch cable), working with this chosen tool was flexible and pleasant when determining the welding points.

I must correct myself, I pay more attention to onscreen instruction, particularly J6, J5 and J4 axis and result is pretty different. Geometrical against real model, for Z axis in reality I have 317 mm.

• fmiroslav have you used a UR before? I am trying to compare whether I should switch to FANUC or stay with UR.

Thanks!

My experience is only with Fanuc. I search Cobot application and find a lot of YouTube video with UR, and seems to me there's nice and intuitive interface for programming. With CRX comes a new drag and drop programming, but I find out vertical compatibility issues with some commands. Fanuc is old fashioned with steps in a new programming way.

Advertising from our partners