kukakava connection problems

• I am working with KUKA KRC4 running Windows 7 and need to make communication work, I installed KUKAKAVA protocol-based program, but cannot connect to it. Tried KUKAKAVE with the same result. I think it because of the network configuration. KLI IP address is set to 10.1.10.203 , I can ping it, but cannot view shared drives, etc.

Internal subnets are set to 192.168.0.x , 172.17.x.x and 172.16.x.x

Do I need to modify KLI IP address to match system bus network?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

• I am working with KUKA KRC4 running Windows 7 and need to make communication work,

KSS version?

What communication? WorkVisual? Ethernet/IP? Profinet? EKI?

I installed KUKAKAVA protocol-based program, but cannot connect to it. Tried KUKAKAVE with the same result.

What programs are these? Where were you installing them? On the robot, your computer, Amazon cloud server?

If you can ping the robot via the KLI IP, then you don't need to change the IP. You say you can't access shared drives -- did you set up security and sharing correctly? Are you using the correct SMB login remotely?

Does WorkVisual communicate with the robot? Have you checked your computer's firewall settings?

• Do I need to modify KLI IP address to match system bus network?

do not modify anything until you have proper backup and have clear understanding what the terminology is and what the outcome can be.

do not modify internal subnets. do not assign to KLI settings that fall into reserved subnets. failure to observe this can make system bricked and unless you have USB recovery stick and good backup, you will be stuck.

check pinned topic READ FIRST

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• do not modify anything until you have proper backup

In the case of tampering with IP addresses, "proper backup" means a full KSR hard drive image. Unless things have changed, that's the only way I know to recover from someone breaking the Virtual Network connection between the Windows and VxWorks sides of the robot's brain (which will happen if you try changing the IP settings from Windows, instead of from the KUKA HMI).

Advertising from our partners