New beginner to Motoman - How to synchronize the physical tool with the motoman?

• Hey.

I have a Yaskawa MH50 DX200 robot and I´m all new to use the Motoman software, normally I program the robot on the pendant. So it all new to me.

How is the fastest way to synchronize the physical tool to motoman so the robot in motoman are in sync with the real one ? - I have looked into the manual pdf in motoman but can´t find the steps to do it and have also searched on google for a tutorial but I can´t find one der explains what I need.

Best Regards
    Daniel.

• Hi

There are two way for give tool data to robot,

Go to the ROBOT menu and select TOOL under it, select one of tool numbers and input the value of your tools, for example your tool have a height of 200mm therefore you input Z value by 200 and do it according to physical value of your tool, if you have 3D draw of your tool, you can calculate the value of your tool in 3D softwares and find each value.

Other way is calculate the tool value by calibration, go to ROBOT menu and select TOOL and select on of tool numbers, on the top menu, if i remember in the Utility menu, select tool calibration, it have an instruction for use that you must read in operation manual of robot.

• I only messed with Motosim once or twice. Do you just load the tool.cnd file, or is there another step after that?

You can:

1) Load the TOOL.CND.

2) Load the actual CMOS.BIN.

3) Set the tcp manually through the virtual programming pendant.

4) Use OLP to snap the tcp to the end of the tool.

5) Bring in a model from the model library that had the tcp set previously.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners