Error 50055 joint load too high

• We are using Abb Robot Model IRB 4400 IRC5 CONTROLLER.

We are getting following error;

50055 : Joint Load High , Actual Torque on joint arg is too high. Might be caused by incorrect load data, too high acceleration, high external process forces, low temperature or hardware error. CHECK load data, rudcuce acceleration or speed , check hardware.

The error appears only in automatic mode in the same point of trajectory .

After calling the ABB guy, he told me to change cable harness axes1-3,but nothing change ,it stops again in the same place.

Request for solutions.

Regards,

• Did this start happening after a change was made?

Are there any external forces such as hoses or cables that may be causing the issue?

Does changing speed effect the problem?

Which axis is giving the alarm? Is there play in that axis?

• The problem is in axis 1.

We have never changed tool, i've cheked older backup , velocity and speed are the same.

I have cheked for external forces blocking the robot, there is nothing.

Yes, reducing speed to 60%, solve the problem .

• Check for play in axis 1.

Does it happen every time?

Does it feel smooth while jogging axis 1 thru the area where the alarm occurs?

Try releasing axis 1 brake only and physically move the robot thru the area where the alarm occurs. Does it feel different in that area?

• No It doesn't happen every time,to be clear the robot works in a milling machine with two levels, one part on top the other one down.

The robot only stops when working on the parts on top . Even when working with parts on top it doesn't happen every time.

Tomorrow I will try to move the robot where the alarm occurred, I will also cheked for play in axis 1.

Thnx for replying

• Hi again

So the robot only stops once in 3 days . And today I've released axis 1 brake and pushed the joint around. It was quite hard all around.

So my question is how can I be sure the problem is a faulty brake and not the gearbox or something else?!

• You could pull axis 1 motor up so that you can turn the gear on the motor by hand with the brake released - it should turn fairly easy. While the motor is out, move the axis 1 thru its range - it should easily move.

You will most likely need to do a fine calibrate on axis 1 once it is back together.

• hi again

So, during last months, I've reduce velocity of the robot at the points were it gives error to solve the issue of high load.

Last week an ABB tech comes to servicing Robots ( changing oil, smb batteries, ...), and he switched motor axis 1 with another robot.

The cell doesn't have back to work yet, but I wanted to test it , so I ve tried to release the brake manually and push the robot but it's moving really really hard on both robots.

How can I fix that?

Advertising from our partners