AVOID COLLISION BEST PRACTICE

• Hi! I'm programming a Robot that works with a cartesian exe. To avoid collisions I've thought that before the Robot start a movement that invades the cartesian exe it checks if the signal area free from axe is OK than wait 0.5 s and check againt that signal. The same evaluation is written into the exe's program. As soon as the robot starts it turns OFF the signal area free from robot to cartesian axe (see attached image).

Is this a good practice for these cases? What do you usually do with your programs?

• IlFincoITA

Changed the title of the thread from “AVOIND COLLISION BEST PRACTICE” to “AVOID COLLISION BEST PRACTICE”.
  • not sure what are exe and axe or even what KSS you have there...

so, please consider reading READ FIRST

newer KSS versions have SPLINE support and some interesting support instructions. one very handy instruction for interlocking is "stop onstart..."

this way you can have wait for interlock and still avoid advance run stop when it is ok to enter some zone, something like:

STOP WHEN PATH=0 ONSTART IF NOT CNC_Door_Open

replicating such functionality (more or less) with older instruction set and legacy motions would require some tinkering. new instruction set makes this easy.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• how is that? please elaborate...

Interlocking is there to prevent machines from entering wrong space or doing something that may interfere with process or other machines. This uses control signals (not safety rated signals) Negligence and mistakes here may cost $$ if hardware gets damaged. Usually that is cheap tooling that gets easily replaced. There is no legal obligation to save your own property and choose to create expendable tooling.

SafeOperation like any safety circuit is there to protect humans if they decide to wander into dangerous spaces where machines are working. This is done with safety (control reliable) signals. Clearly this uses higher standard as negligence and mistakes here may cost one person life or limb and send someone else to prison. Of course one may choose to use this to protect tooling or machines too if risks could cause significant costs but point is that mentioned two cases are not the same.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners