Automatic Master / Virtual External Axis (Duplicate) / Change directly Mastering Values

• Hello, my post should be an impossible or very difficult task.

The thing is that I have a customer that wants to use the same SevoGun (External Axis) with to different configurations.

The problem is that the ServoGun always closes to the zero position during the spot welding and with the different configurations the point of contact is different.

So I'm looking for a way to have 2 "zeros" for the same extermal axis. Or a way to create a virtual external axis equal to the first and master each one of one of the configurations.

I dunno if there is an solution, I apreciate your feedback.

• please read pinned topic READ FIRST and add some details...

mention KSS and SerGun option versions, why and when the parameter change is needed etc.

i have seen cells where robot had tool changer and more than one servogun - completely different ( different brand, type, scaling...). it does not matter which gun was picked up at the time, it would still be the same axis but different settings would be used so different setup is clearly possible.

zero position can be changed by coupling procedure and assigning new position value.

but question is why would something like that even be needed in your case...

for example servogun functionality includes tip dressing which adjusts for wear of the electrodes so i an not quite sure what you are really trying to do.

one could assign new value to axis (if configured accordingly):

Code
    $async_axis = 'B0001'
    $async_ex_ax_decouple = 'B0001'
    wait for ($async_ex_ax_decouple=='B0001')
    $axis_act.E1=0        ;set actual position is 0
    Wait for ($axis_act.E1==0.0)
    $async_ex_ax_decouple = 'B0000'
    wait for ($async_ex_ax_decouple=='B0000')
    $async_axis = 'B0000'

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for the feedback,

System:
    KRC 8.2.25

KS V8.2.155

Options Packs

Servogun_TC 4.0.16

MTR 8.0.22

The problem here is that our client doesn't want to buy a new WeldGun for it.
    So the solution that the client has already in other robots is to change the hardware of the gun itself (the entire copper arm).

Now our specific issue is that has the hardware is different so is the "zero position" of the gun.

I found the code you replied with very interesting, but I'm not a Kuka expert to understand what it fully does. But I will try to understand it and see if some solution comes of it.

You said:
    "zero position can be changed by coupling procedure and assigning new position value."

Our situation is similar, instead of a quick coupler used, there is an operator that changes the Gun arm. And after I have to calibrate (automatically if possible) the gun.

• margaor

Changed the title of the thread from “Automatic Mater / Virtual External Axis (Duplicate) / Change directly Mastering Values” to “Automatic Master / Virtual External Axis (Duplicate) / Change directly Mastering Values”.

Advertising from our partners