Fanuc PAC codes

• We recently bought 2 pac codes for our new Fanuc robots. They are supposed to unlock %50 more memory, that already exists in the consoles.... Thats what Fanuc told one of our engineers that purchased the robots. Anyone know how to implement these codes? I have no clue.

• FIRST! TAKE AN IMAGE! Even if you have to do an auto-update which will take an image for you, still manually take an image first. If you have the image, you'll probably never need it, but if you don't take one you'll inevitably need it later. Murphy's Law.

You'll need your original load media first. That is either a PCMCIA Compact Flash card on older robots, or a USB stick on newer robots.

Depending on what the option is you will do this from a normal start or a controlled start.

Then go to MENU > FILE > S/W Install

Use the F4 key to select either MC: or UD1: Then Press F3 for done.

From there you will see a screen like this:

Use the tree on the left to select your software option, then move to the right screen and type in your PAC. Press F4 to authorize, the option status should then change to "authorized". Press F2 to install. Depending on the option, the alarm banner at the top may say "Auto Update Required to Install" or "cycle power to install", if that is the case, press F5 to auto update or use the function key to cycle power. The auto update will automatically take an "all of above" backup and then an image backup and then install the option.

That's it.

• Yes, I believe that is correct. They also sent us some cards to install into the console, but i haven't had enough down time to dig into that yet.

Advertising from our partners