KRC1 PROGRAM FREEZE

• Hi! It is happening some time that the robot during the normal duty stops and the program is freezed. You can't do anithing but tur it off and on again. No button seems to work. It is not clear if the controller is freezed at Windows level too ( these information are reported to me from operators). The even strange thig is that after reboot some variable doesn't retain the values memorized during the previous job. For example the variables incremented during a palletizing process.

The only error visible (due to the freeze) is "LogManage LogNotAvailable".

Has anyone ideas on how to try to solve this issue maybe reinstalling the entire system on a new drive...

• Are you still able to drive the robot in $T1, once the programme appears to have frozen? E.g move the robot on any axes (little movement)?

• No it's been reported to me that the HMI interface is completely useless. None of the hardware or software keys/menus works.

Even in the picture the motor or running program are still green but the robot is actually stopped.

Any of the hardware or software keys/menus works.

i guess intent of this sentence is better understood if one change "Any" to "None"

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Our KRC2 controllers have frozen before, just like IlFincolTA describes. The HMI would fully "freeze" - buttons did not work, and clicking on things with a mouse did not work either.

Notes from our diagnosis:

• Mouse could move --> Windows was not frozen
    • Crash always caused by a certain program
    • Crash always occurred at the same place in the program, where two controllers were trading data over DeviceNet
    • program would very rarely cause the crash
    • no error message accompanied the crash
    • power cycling only recovery option

Unfortunately for IlFincolTA, our freezing problem is gone - we think that it was a DeviceNet I/O race condition (but still are unclear why that would cause a system crash this significant). We believe it was a race condition because one or the other of the robots would crash, but not both. We re-wrote the program to remove the race condition, and our robots have not crashed since...

• Hi! It is happening some time that the robot during the normal duty stops and the program is freezed. You can't do anithing but tur it off and on again. No button seems to work. It is not clear if the controller is freezed at Windows level too ( these information are reported to me from operators). The even strange thig is that after reboot some variable doesn't retain the values memorized during the previous job. For example the variables incremented during a palletizing process.

The only error visible (due to the freeze) is "LogManage LogNotAvailable".

Has anyone ideas on how to try to solve this issue maybe reinstalling the entire system on a new drive...

Windows run in the background on kuka robots. After a long time, windows chronically fails and the system slows down. I don't know if you have a budget. But if you put the image of this hard drive into an SSD hard drive, your system will run faster. this is the simplest method. You can change / upgrade ram. You can check if the capacitors on the motherboard are swollen.

Think before you talk, Read it before you think about it.

Fran Lebowitz.

Advertising from our partners