Tool info message

• I am getting a message which reads:

"Using robot without setting tool info. may result in premature failure of the robot. Set W, Xg, Yg, and Zg in the tool file."

The tool file does contain this information. Is there something I need to do to get this reset correctly? Any way to get rid of this message?

• There is a buit-in function to measure tool load and center of gravity. On the same menu that you access for tool TCP data, on the Utilities button therre is an W. GRAV. Measure option. This will have the robot measure the COG and Load of the tool by moving the wrist axis on the FWD /key. I think the full procedure is on any of the Operators manuals from Yaskawa. Tool Data setting sections.

• There is a buit-in function to measure tool load and center of gravity. On the same menu that you access for tool TCP data, on the Utilities button therre is an W. GRAV. Measure option. This will have the robot measure the COG and Load of the tool by moving the wrist axis on the FWD /key. I think the full procedure is on any of the Operators manuals from Yaskawa. Tool Data setting sections.

This is right I have experienced same issue and same massage was popping on TP screen. After performing tool load and CG calibration it went away.

But after few months it came back all the calibrated were there still same massage appear so I have done same thing again and after few months it comes back again and again.

Is there anyone know permanent solution.

PS:- Every time after calibration all value stays same.

• I can only think of one reason why your tool data gets " lost". Are you loading a backup that might have that flag turned off? I know that there is a parameter that sets once you calibrate ( I don't have a name/number right now). I can't think of any reason why the controller would erase it periodically.

• Well, I got rid of the message. I'm still not sure why it was there in the first place since the tool data was always there. I finally just changed the data for "W", confirmed it and then changed it back.

Advertising from our partners