krc2 mig & plasma & inverter

• Hello.

I have a mig-mag welder that accept analog 0-10V for config the voltage wire-feed-speed

and 0-24V I/O signals for starting welding cycle / errors etc(does not have any fieldbus or serial interface is old machine).

Also i have an HD plasma that accepts I/O signals and have on it's own torch height control (about 200mm linear axis with small dc moter) independent from robot.

Last i have an inverter that accepts I/O 0-24V and 0-10V for rpm config of the motor.

What I/O hardware options exists from robot ? devicenet - profibus coupler like those from wago or beckhoff ?

What technology packages will need for these applications ?

arctech analog or simple arctech ? usertech for plasma ? any other tech package ?

For welding can be done from teach pendant or needs cam-cam for offline programing ?

Thanks.

• What I/O hardware options exists from robot ? devicenet - profibus coupler like those from wago or beckhoff ?

Well, you need to tell us: what I/O options does your robot have installed?

Since it's a KRC2, it has DeviceNet built in on the MFC card (X801 connector). So, since all your devices appear to only need 24V discrete signals and 0-10V analog signals, your options are wide open. There are plenty of DN I/O modules on the market that will support this. You could use "sliced" I/O like Beckhoff/Wago, just be aware that mixing analog and digital I/O can make the addressing slightly complex. Or Turck has lots of FDNL modules that could do the same thing, with separate modules.

• There is the build in devicenet port also i have pci profibus and pci fiber optic interbus cards for krc2.

I can make a breakout board that gets discrete for example 8 24V signals and outputs 0-10V analog

so i will have 256 discrete analog 0-10V values.

Ok i will do that with sliced I/O beckhoff / wago devicenet-profibus .

What i will need from kuka technology packages ?

I have krc2 5.4.11 and krc2 5.6.10

• for DeviceNet you need nothing

for ProfBus you need Siemens software to create LDB file (Step7 or at least NCM manager)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• not sure, those are old,.. if i recall on such systems used options were ArcTechAnaloh, UserTech, TouchSense. i recall also Kuka.Plasma_Cu_HR.USA, but don't have any details on it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• i cannot find Kuka.Plasma_Cu_HR.USA ..

I have UserTech and TouchSense but not ArcTechAnalog only ArcTechDigital

If i make a breakout board to convert analog values to digital will work with ArcTechDigital ?

Also is there any tech package for waterjet ?

Advertising from our partners