KUKA KRC4 TORQUE MONITORING

• Hello guys,

I wanted to know how do I enable torque monitoring on KUKA KRC4 (KR 16 L8 arc HW). I went to display, variable, single, writed $TORQMON, updated in real time, moved all axis but the value does not change.

I also wanted to know if there is a varible or a way to mesure the temperature of the servomotors.

• Try finding $TORQMON_DEF in the file …STEU\Mada\$custom.dat. This is where it is defined.

Regarding monitoring motor temp, you could try the variable $MOT_TEMP, be aware as the units are in Kelvin.

You can find all of this in the system variable documentation.

Edited once, last by AMaC756 ().

• i would check $CURR_ACT. it gives you direct reading of motor current. axis torque is proportional to motor current.

btw.

and what is the variable for monitoring the torque in the KRC2?

this does not apply...

KRC2 and KRC4 are hardware. variable and monitoring of variables is something done in software. and when topic related to software, one should specify KSS version. and in case of KRC2, there are many possible KSS versions (4.x, 5.x, 7.x). mentioning model of robot am or controller type is not exactly helpful for this. same goes for KRC4 - it support range of KSS versions and they can have different variables.

READ FIRST...

btw, when one knows variable in one KSS, but not in another, good place to start search are so called migration documents.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners